Walter Schellenberger (born July 23, 1920 in Rheinzabern ; † June 5, 2010 there ) was a German politician ( FDP ) and sports official.
Schellenberger ran a farm after serving in World War II . In 1952 he was elected mayor of the municipality of Rheinzabern. He held this office until 1994, full-time from 1958, and after the formation of the Jockgrim community in 1972 on a voluntary basis. He ran unsuccessfully for the office of the first mayor of the Verbandsgemeinde, but was a member of the council for many years and also sat in the district council of the Germersheim district . From 1975 to 1983 he was a member of the Rhineland-Palatinate state parliament , where he was a member of the committee for agriculture, viticulture and forestry.
Schellenberger was chairman of the Rheinzabern gymnastics club for over forty years, as well as chairman of the Speyrer Turngau, deputy chairman of the Palatinate Gymnastics Federation, vice-president of the Palatinate Sports Federation and member of the executive committee, and from 1984 to 2000 treasurer of the state sports association . A gymnastics competition was named after him.
- 1983: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Schellenberger was an honorary citizen of Rheinzabern and an honorary member of the state sports association.
- Freiherr vom Stein plaque
- Article about the death of Schellenberger (PDF; 370 kB) from the Rheinpfalz of June 9, 2010
- State Sports Association mourns Schellenberger's announcement from the State Sports Association of Rhineland-Palatinate
- ^ The President of the State Parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate: The representatives of the free people: The members of the Consultative State Assembly and the State Parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate from 1946 to 2015 . Ed .: The President of the Rhineland-Palatinate State Parliament. Springer VS, Wiesbaden 2016, ISBN 978-3-658-04750-4 , p. 585-586 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 23, 1920|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rheinzabern|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 5, 2010|
|Place of death||Rheinzabern|