Walter Storm's gallery
The Walter Storms Gallery is a German art gallery in Munich , which was founded in 1977 by Walter Storms.
Walter Storms opened his gallery on Kaulbachstrasse in Munich in 1977. The gallery gained an international reputation through the discovery of then unknown artists such as Albert Hien and Michael Wesely , as well as through its commitment to artists from Italy such as Marco Gastini and Giuseppe Spagnulo and Eastern Europe such as Magdalena Jetelova and Roman Opalka .
After 20 years the gallery moved to Bogenhausen , to a representative gallery villa with a sculpture garden. In 2009 the second branch opened with a 500 m² exhibition hall in Maxvorstadt with the exhibition by Sean Scully .
The gallery currently represents the following artists, among others:
- Walter Storms (Ed.): Walter Storms Galerie 2009–2014. 5 years Schellingstraße 48. Verlag Walter Storms, 2014, ISBN 978-3-927533-55-4 .
- Walter Storms (Ed.): Albert Hien. Hokospucos. Verlag Walter Storms, 2009, ISBN 978-3-026533-46-2 .
- Walter Storms (Ed.): Shannon Finley. Verlag Walter Storms, 2013, ISBN 978-3-927533-52-3 .
- Walter Storms (ed.): Recontre par la séparation / encounter through separation. Walter Storms Verlag, 1991, ISBN 3-927533-10-6 .
- Walter Storms (Ed.): Some New Trees. Verlag Walter Storms, 2009, ISBN 978-3-927533-47-9 .
- Walter Storms gallery homepage
- Walter Storm's gallery at artsy
- Walter Storms Galerie at artnet
- Rheinischer Charme an der Rampe, Abendzeitung , accessed on April 16, 2016
- Initiative of Munich Galleries of Contemporary Art
- It rustles in the art jungle. Galerie Walter Storms at Open Art 2015. at: faz.net , September 12, 2015, accessed on April 22, 2016