Giesenkirchen wayside cross
The wayside cross was built in 1703. It was entered under No. B 173 on July 8, 2009 in the monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach .
In the Borrengasse, in front of the southeast wall of the parish church of St. Gereon, directly on Konstantinplatz in Mönchengladbach-Giesenkirchen, there is the wayside cross made of Liedberg sandstone . It stands on a younger pedestal, the base shows a simple carnation profile that merges into a broad cross stem with short cross arms and a gable-shaped end.
The deepened visible surface shows a pointed revision and is framed by a bar. It bears a flat relief , from a console grows a cross with the crucified, which is accompanied by flanking figures on the two arms of the cross, presumably St. Mary and St. John.
The two side surfaces of the horizontal cross bar each carry a winged putti head over a festoon-like decorative element. On the back is the deeply carved inscription , which can be read according to documents in the Giesenkirchen parish archives: “Ann 1703, January 20, Wilhelm Knabben fell asleep in the Lord. Past Scheffen to the Tick 6.DTS "
- Paul Clemen: The art monuments of the cities and districts of Gladbach and Krefeld (= The art monuments of the Rhine province . Third volume, No. IV ). Schwann, Düsseldorf 1893 ( http: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3Ddiekunstdenkmle00clemgoog~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3D~doppelseiten%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D [accessed on June 2, 2012]).
- List of monuments of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 234.24 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. City of Mönchengladbach, July 4, 2011, accessed on June 2, 2012 .
- Andrea Caspers: Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 227.14 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. April 24, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2012 .
- Käthe Limburg, Bernd Limburg: Monuments in the city of Mönchengladbach. In: on the way & at home - homepage of Käthe and Bernd Limburg. July 18, 2011, accessed February 27, 2014 .
- Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach ( Memento of the original from October 7, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.