ZOBODAT that Zo ologisch- Bo tanische Dat SPECIMEN, is a digitally organized biogeographical database including analysis, documentation and communication facilities, located at the Biology Center of the Upper Austrian Provincial Museum .
Ernst Rudolf Reichl founded this institution in 1972 , then under the name ZOODAT. Originally, ZOODAT had an entomological faunistic focus. In 1993 ZOODAT moved to the newly founded Research Institute for Environmental Informatics at the Biology Center of the Upper Austrian State Museum. In 1999, ZOBODAT was taken over by the Province of Upper Austria and at the same time renamed ZOBODAT, as it was expanded to include the botany department. The database has been available on the Internet since 2000. The current, third version of ZOBODAT was developed together with Interactive Systems and has been released since 2014.
The ZOBODAT website is a supporting instrument for people who are interested in natural history research. ZOBODAT is a data source for
- Literature with a zoological, botanical and geoscientific background
- Information on evidence from the Upper Austrian State Museum. The long-term goal is to display all analogue content from the institution's collections digitally as well as possible.
- Information on numerous species of animals, plants and fungi
- Biographies of Biologists
A particular focus is on data with a reference to Austria and, to a lesser extent, to Germany.
The database contains data on the distribution of animal and plant species, biographies of people researching natural history and digitized literature as well as supporting digital libraries. The majority of the data traditionally relates to insects and geographically to Austria. However, ZOBODAT can be used for all groups of organisms and worldwide.
- Stapfia : The volumes that have been published since 1977 and named after the Upper Austrian botanist Otto Stapf contain extensive monographs, exhibition catalogs from the Biology Center and contributions to symposiums. In addition to the botanical contributions, around a quarter of the works relate to zoological topics.
- Linzer biological contributions (LBB): The journal, which was launched in 1969 by Robert Steinwendtner, is exclusively zoological (especially entomological).
- Contributions to Natural History of Upper Austria (BNO): The series, which has been published since 1993, contains articles on natural history works that concern the federal state of Upper Austria.
- Ornithological News from Upper Austria, Naturschutz aktuell (VNO): The magazine, which has been published since 1973, relates to ornithology topics in Upper Austria with ongoing references to nature conservation.
In addition, publications from many related institutes, but also non-biological-zoological articles are made available, for example:
- Treatises of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences . Historical class = III. Classe (1763–1909; series on zobodat.at ).
- Treatises of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences. Mathematical and natural science class (1763–2014; series on zobodat.at ).
- Treatises of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences. Philosophical-philological Classe = I. Classe (1835–1906; series on zobodat.at ).
- Treatises of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences. Philosophical-philological and historical class (1909–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Burgenland homeland sheets (1927–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Reports of the state cave commission (1920–1922; series on zobodat.at ). and its successor magazine Speleological Yearbook (1922–1936; series on zobodat.at ).
- The Bundschuh series of the Museum Innviertler Volkskundehaus (1999–; only the natural history articles are online at zobodat.at ).
- Carinthia I (1811–; only the years 1873–1890 are online at zobodat.at ).
- Carinthia II (1891–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Annual reports Joanneum (2003–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Yearbook of the Upper Austrian Museum Association (1833–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Yearbook for regional studies of Lower Austria (1867–1869, new series since 1902; only the years 1902–1999 are online at zobodat.at )
- Annual report of the Silesian Society for Patriotic Culture (1839–1941; series on zobodat.at ).
- Museum guide and the history of the Upper Austrian State Museum ( series on zobodat.at ).
- Museum journal Oberösterreichisches Landesmuseum (1991–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Bavarian Forest National Park - Scientific series (1976–2005; series on zobodat.at ).
- Donauauen National Park - Scientific series (2001–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Gesäuse National Park - various works (2006–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Publications Hohe Tauern National Park
- Publications Kalkalpen National Park
- Publications Neusiedlersee-Seewinkel National Park
Natural history yearbook of the city of Linz (1955–2004; series on zobodat.at ).,
From 2007 reports for ecology and nature conservation of the city of Linz (2007–2012; series on zobodat.at ).
- Neues Museum - The Austrian museum magazine (1989–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Oberösterreichische Heimatblätter (1947–2007; only scientific articles and selected biographical works are online at zobodat.at ).
- ÖKO.L magazine for ecology, nature and environmental protection (1979–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Austria's museums introduce themselves (1973–1987; series on zobodat.at ).
- Rudolfinum. Yearbook of the State Museum for Carinthia (1999–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Vorarlberg theme (2014–; series on zobodat.at ).
- Scientific papers from Burgenland (1954–2001; series on zobodat.at ).
- Journal of the Moravian State Museum (1902–1919; series on zobodat.at ).
Graduated user access enables differentiated data protection.
The following search options are also available for unregistered users:
- Full text search
- Species search: around 60,000 species
- People search: over 20,000 biographies
- Literature search: over 800 series
- Document search: over 3.3 million documents
- Fritz Gusenleitner, Michael Malicky: The database www.ZOBODAT.at as a research tool for biological and geological research . In: Linz biological contributions . tape 49 , no. 2 . Linz 2017, p. 1163–1208 ( zobodat.at [PDF]).
- Gusenleitner / Malicky 2017, p. 1166.
- Gusenleitner / Malicky 2017, pp. 1197 and 1205.
- History and content on zobodat.at
- Linz biological contributions
- Contributions to the natural history of Upper Austria
- Ornithological news from Upper Austria, nature conservation current