|Active years||Since 2000|
|founder||Jean-Christoph Ritter, Johannes Graf Strachwitz|
|Genre (s)||Hip hop|
0711 Entertainment is a Stuttgart-based company that emerged as a hip-hop label and sees itself as a “hub” for urban culture. The company is part of the “0711” network, which is a creative full-service communications agency with a focus on live communication & events, social media & influencer management, media production and corporate booking & entertainment.
The number 0711 in the name is the dialing code for Stuttgart.
0711 Entertainment emerged from the former 0711 office , which was founded in 1996 by Jean-Christoph “Schowi” Ritter (MC for Massive Tönen ) and Johannes “Strachi” Strachwitz, who had previously worked in the Stuttgart hip-hop posse for several years Collective farms had been active.
In addition to 0711 Entertainment , the company association now also includes 0711 Livecom, 0711 Digital, 0711 Media Production, 0711 Talents, 0711 Blog, Apertura Sports, as well as its own event location “Marienkeller”. The close network also includes the label Chimperator Productions, the concert and tour agency Chimperator Live, the event location “Im Wizemann” and the clubs “Perkins Park” and “Schräglage”.
As before, 0711 Entertainment is mainly responsible for the cultural B-to-C area of the network and includes booking, marketing, conception, consulting and classic event management among its business areas.
The milestones of the agency network include the in-house “HipHop Open” festival, the Mercedes-Benz concert summer and various other major music events, the “VfB x 0711 city jersey” and the associated “We are Stuttgart Collection”, as well as the “Palais der Kolkhose”. , an exhibition with workshops and evening events, which dealt with the history of the collective “Kolkhoz” and took place in the newly opened “Stadtpalais - Museum für Stuttgart”.
The label Kopfnicker Records belonging to 0711 Entertainment was founded in 2000 and named after the first album by Massive Töne. In 2001, in collaboration with Warner Music, the label sampler Kopfnicker Records was released - the album that reached number 23 on the Media Control album charts.
The booking of internationally successful DJs and live acts (e.g. Busta Rhymes , Method Man , Fatman Scoop , Jadakiss , Kid Capri ), a music publishing edition (Edition 0711Büro), a mixtape distribution ( master tapes ), and artist management for massive tones were also included the fields of work at that time.
The Schulzritter mail order business , which had been operated in the meantime , was discontinued, as was the lavish 0711hiphop.com web community, which is now one of the most important websites for hip-hop on the German-speaking Internet.
Releases from Kopfnicker Records
- Head nod - Characters 12 ″
- TimXtreme - Weird Shit / Tie kick 12 ″
- Skills en Masse - How we 12 ″ / MCD (2000)
- Broad side - Adrenalin / Young Gunz 12 ″
- Massive tones - 2 mille 12 ″ / MCD
- Wide side - Elles dansent 12 ″
- Franky Kubrick & FlowinImmO - Jaman / Microglycerin 12 ″ / MCD (2000)
- Various Artists-Kopfnicker Records - Das Album DLP / CD (2001)
- Double Pact - Kidnapping 12 ″
- Franky Kubrick & Def Kev & TimXtreme - Das A & O / Klarsicht 12 ″ / MCD (2001)
- Franky Kubrick - Mentally Frank / Public Enemy No. 1 12 ″
- Meli - Stress en Masse / RIF 12 ″ / MCD
- Meli - Skills en Masse DLP / CD (2001)
- Franky Kubrick - Mentally Frank EP / CD (2001)
- Double Pact - Kidnapping EP / CD (2001)
- Wide page - We love Rap 12 ″
- Wide page - Where are you? / 16 12 ″ / MCD
- Wide Page - Between Heaven and Hell DLP / CD
- Various Artists - French Connection CD
- Various Artists - French Connection 12 ″
- Massive Tones - Money or Love / Bombing 12 ″ / MCD (2001)
- Massive tones - Cruising 12 ″ / MCD (2002)
- Massive Tones - MT3 DLP / CD (2002)
- Franky Kubrick - DLP / CD (2004)
- Massive Töne - Back to the Future DLP / CD (2005)
- Massive tones - top model 12 ″ / MCD (2005)