The Acta Murensia (full name: Acta fundationis monasterii Murensis ) are a Chartular chronicle in Latin that was written around the year 1160 by an unknown Benedictine monk . This is a report on the establishment and development of the Muri monastery in today's canton of Aargau in Switzerland . The Acta Murensia, which are partly based on older undated sources, are considered the main source for the early history of the Habsburgs , who founded the monastery.
The manuscript is the only longer record of the regional history of the 11th and 12th centuries in the Swiss plateau . It is divided into three parts: The first part consists of a pedigree of the Counts of Habsburg. The second part gives an insight into the history of the monastery at the time of the investiture dispute . The third part contains a detailed list of the monastery estates that were spread over a wide area between Alsace and Central Switzerland ; it also contains the first mentions of numerous parishes.
The original of the Acta Murensia has been lost, but a copy from the early 15th century has been preserved. It contains inserts and modernized place names by the also unknown copyist . For a long time only an incomplete translation of the manuscript was available; the penultimate source edition appeared in 1883. The Aargau State Archives , which is now owned by Acta Murensia, commissioned a new edition and a complete translation, which appeared in November 2012.
- Charlotte Bretscher and Christian Sieber: Acta Murensia. The files of the Muri monastery with the genealogy of the early Habsburgs . Ed .: Aargau State Archives. Schwabe Verlag, Basel 2012, ISBN 978-3-7965-2835-4 (edition, translation, commentary, digital facsimile based on the manuscript StAAG AA / 4947).
- Charlotte Bretscher and Christian Sieber: The edition project “Acta Murensia” . In: Argovia . tape 121 . here + now, Baden 2008, p. 262-269 .
- Jörg Kastner, Historiae fundationum monasteriorum. Early forms of monastic institutional historiography in the Middle Ages . Munich 1974, pp. 10-20, 27, 31, 70, 84.
- Anne-Marie Dubler : Acta Murensia. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Edition project of the Aargau State Archives
- Acta Murensia (StAAG AA / 4947) on e-codices
- Acta Murensia. Ed. Martin Kiem (Sources on Swiss History III), Basel 1883