Alfred Wilhelm Gotthold Juncker (born July 4, 1865 in Ida and Marienhütte ( Lower Silesia ), † February 21, 1945 in Danzig ) was a German Protestant theologian and rector of the University of Königsberg .
Juncker was born the son of a factory manager. He attended high school in Swidnica and studied from 1884 theology at the Universities of Breslau , Leipzig , Berlin and Halle , where he passed his theological exams in November 1888th In 1891 he worked as a parish vicar in Domslau near Breslau . From 1892 to 1895 he worked as a pastor in Bunzlau . In 1896 he completed his habilitation in Breslau.
In 1904 Juncker was appointed associate professor at the University of Breslau. In 1910 he was given a full professorship for New Testament science at the University of Königsberg. There he was rector in 1929/30. In 1933 he retired.
- The I and the motivation of the will in Christianity. A contribution to the solution of the eudaemonic problem , Univ. Halle, Diss., 1891
- The Ethics of the Apostle Paul , 2 vols., Halle 1904/1914
- The prayer with Paulus , Berlin 1905
- Paul’s image of Christ , Halle 1906
- On the latest criticism of John , Halle 1912
- Jesus the Lord , Berlin 1920
- Jesus' position in the history of prayer , Berlin 1922
- Jesus and suffering , Berlin 1925
- Jesus' requirement . Speech given when the Rector took office on May 5, 1929, Königsberg 1929
- Who is it 1935 , p. 767.
- Kürschner's Scholars Calendar 1940/41 , 6th edition, Publisher: Walter de Gruyter, Berlin 1941, Vol. I, Sp. 839. ISBN 3-11-107122-7
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Juncker, Alfred Wilhelm Gotthold (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian and rector of the University of Königsberg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th July 1865|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ida and Marienhütte ( Lower Silesia )|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 21, 1945|
|Place of death||Danzig|