He studied at the Technical University of Vienna (doctorate in 1984), completed his habilitation there in 1990, and in 1991 became director of the IUC (Institute for Corporate Accounting and Controlling) at the University of Graz . Since 2006 he has been head of the 'Center for Accounting Research' at the University of Graz.
His best-known book is accounting and balance sheet analysis ; it was published in its 14th edition in 2019.
Since 2008 he has been a full member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences .
- Accounting and analysis. Linde Verlag , Vienna 2019, ISBN 978-3-707-34073-0 .
- International accounting standards IAS / IFRS: Fundamentals and principles; Accounting, valuation and disclosures; Changeover and analysis. mi-Wirtschaftsbuch, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-86880-153-8 .
- with Ralf Ewert: External company accounting. Gabler, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-662-45015-4 .
- with Ralf Ewert: Internal company accounting. Springer, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-642-35960-6 .
- Alfred Wagenhofer on the website of the University of Graz , Institute for Corporate Accounting and Controlling
- List of publications (books)
- List of publications (articles / essays)
- Literature by and about Alfred Wagenhofer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Almanach 2010. Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 2011, ISBN 978-3-7001-7106-5 , p. 95.
- Prof. Mag. Dr. Dr.hc Alfred Wagenhofer controlling.uni-graz.at. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 9, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|