Anselm Bilgri (born November 4, 1953 in Unterhaching ) was a Benedictine and cellar of the Abbey of St. Boniface as well as prior in the Andechs monastery and has been working as a lecturer, advisor and author since leaving the order.
In 1975 the landlord's son joined the Benedictine Abbey of St. Boniface in Munich and studied philosophy and Catholic theology . In June 1980, he was by Archbishop Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to priests ordained. After working as a youth pastor, he was cellar at St. Boniface Abbey from 1986 to 2004 . In 1994 he became prior in the Andechs Monastery attached to the Abbey of St. Boniface . He managed the approx. 200 employees of the business enterprise in Andechs quite successfully, and was also a popular conversation partner for the press and television .
When electing the successor to Abbot Odilo Lechner in 2003, the convention - contrary to the expectations of many outsiders - chose not Bilgri, but the 34-year-old Father Johannes Eckert as the new prelate of the Abbey of St. Boniface in Munich. After differences with the new abbot, Bilgri took a sabbatical year . On July 1, 2004, he told Abbot Johannes Eckert that he would not return to the monastic community because of "an increasing alienation from the community life of our monastery". From 2004 to 2008 he was a partner in the management consultancy Anselm Bilgri - Center for Corporate Culture .
Even after leaving the order, Bilgri remains a priest. His acceptance into the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising , in order to continue working as a Catholic priest, but to be able to exercise his main activity as a speaker, advisor and author , was temporarily rejected by the Munich Archbishop, Friedrich Cardinal Wetter . The next steps should be decided within a three-year reflection period granted by Cardinal Wetter.
On June 2, 1997, he received the Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon.
- with Florian Werner : Andechs. The secrets of the sacred mountain . Stürtz, Würzburg 1989
- with Klaus-Wilhelm Gérard: Cooking for body and soul. The Kloster-Andechs cookbook . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 1995, ISBN 3-929-24608-2
- with Florian Werner : Andechs Monastery . Rosenheimer, Rosenheim 1995
- with Franz Henrich : Kreuz und Kreatur - On the total work of art by Christine Stadler : Sculptures in wood, stone and bronze, mosaics , Schnell & Steiner, Munich 1996, ISBN 978-3795411015
- with Odilo Lechner and Hans-Günther Kaufmann: How monks live. A guest at Andechs Monastery . Pattloch, Augsburg 1997
- as ed. with Bernhard Kirchgessner: Liturgia semper reformanda. For Karl Schlemmer . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau et al. 1997
- Bishop Simpert. Saint between legend and history . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 1997, ISBN 3-929-24618-X
- with Peter K. Köhler and Birgit Adam : Secrets of the monastery brewery. Beery cooking and healing recipes from the Andechs monastery . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 1998
- with Klaus-Wilhelm Gérard: The Kloster-Andechs-Restl-Cookbook. Sustainable cooking in a new dimension . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 1999
- Return of the saints . 1999, ISBN 3-880-96769-5
- with Birgit Adam : The Kloster Andechs herb book. How monks heal and season . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 2000, ISBN 3-929-24658-9
- with Klaus-Wilhelm Gérard: The Kloster-Andechs-Fastenbuch. In search of the essential . Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg 2001
- as ed. with Willibrord Godel: Mönche und Nonnen. Dialogue partner for those who sense God and seek him . EOS Verlag, St. Ottilien 2001, ISBN 3-830-67098-2
- with Konrad Stadler: Find the right measure. Benedictine rules for work and life today . Piper Verlag, 2004, ISBN 3-492-04592-8
- Book of hours of a secular monk . Piper Verlag, 2006, ISBN 3-492-04732-7
- Clear your mind. How to get to the basics . Knaur, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-426-66279-3
- Heart formation. A plea for the capital in us. Piper, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3492052863
- Heart formation. In: Lilo Göttermann (ed.): Food for thought 2011. A reader from philosophy, culture and science. Piper, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-492-25824-1 , pp. 75-86.
Anselm Bilgri has been CEO of the Munich Foundation since 2013. The Munich Foundation has set itself the task of promoting civic engagement in the city. In this way, Munich citizens and companies are to be encouraged to actively participate in social tasks and thus counteract the development of “angry citizens”. The Munich Foundation would therefore like to promote the acceptance of everyone's difference, develop understanding and awareness of political and social responsibility and thereby strengthen personal commitment to the free democratic constitutional state.
- Literature by and about Anselm Bilgri in the catalog of the German National Library
- Anselm Bilgri
- Entry to Anselm Bilgri on medal online
- Munich Foundation
- Anselm Bilgri on orden-online.de
- Anselm Bilgri: Biography
- Information from the Office of the Federal President
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bilgri, Johann Max (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German prior in the Andechs monastery, author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th November 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Unterhaching|