August Gunolt studied from 1866 to 1871 at the Polytechnic Institute in Vienna with Heinrich von Ferstel . Gunolt worked at Ferstel from 1871 to 1876 during the construction of the main building of the University of Vienna . From 1872 to 1876 Gunolt was an assistant at the Technical University of Vienna .
In 1876 August Gunolt became professor of the building trade at the kk Staatsgewerbeschule Graz and was director there from 1902 to 1911. With him a mechanical-technical and an electronic discipline was started. In 1885 he was in charge of the newly established workshops for building and art locksmithing.
August Gunolt was from 1895 curator of the kk Central Commission for Art and Historical Monuments . He was a co-founder of the Styrian Association of Visual Artists and served on the board there from 1899 to 1905. From 1887 to 1891 he was a political mandate in the Graz municipal council and from 1905 a councilor.
- 1887 Mutual fire damage insurance company in Klagenfurt
- 1890–1895 Styrian State Library at Kalchberggasse 2 in Graz
- 1890–1895 New Landesmuseum Joanneum at Neutorgasse 45 in Graz
- 1894 Hotel Milan in Bad Gleichenberg
- 1920 Kogl Castle in St. Georgen im Attergau
- Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 2, Publishing House of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna 1959, p. 107 f. (Direct links on , ). In:
- lithes.uni-graz.at: Brief bio about August Gunolt
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 21, 1849|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 28, 1932|
|Place of death||Graz|