Tünger studied in Erfurt and was later procurator at the Bishop's Court of Constance . In 1486 he wrote the Facetiae Latinae et Germanicae on behalf of Count Eberhard in the beard of Württemberg , a collection of swans both in Latin and in German in the southern Swabian dialect. It has come down to us in the manuscript Cod. HB V 24a of the Württemberg State Library in Stuttgart and was published from this in 1874 by Adelbert von Keller .
- Adelbert von Keller (ed.): Facetiae ( library of the Litterarian Society in Stuttgart ; vol. 118). Laupp Verlag, Tübingen 1874.
- Volker Honemann: On Augustin Tünger and his facets . In: Johannes Janota u. a. (Eds.): Festschrift Walter Haug and Burghart Wachinger, Vol. 2 . Niemeyer Verlag, Tübingen 1992, ISBN 3-484-10653-0 , pp. 681-693.
- Gustav Roethe : Tünger, Augustin . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 39, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1895, p. 114 f.
- Literature by and about Augustin Tünger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Keller's edition with picture from the ms. In the Bibliotheca Augustana
- Handwriting description
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||first German-speaking faculty poet|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1455|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Endingen|
|DATE OF DEATH||after 1486|