Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying
|Position of the authority
|Federal Ministry for Digitization and Business Location
|1923 (1806 topographic institute , 1839 kk military geographic institute , 1921 federal surveying office )
|Vienna 2 , Schiffamtsgasse 1–3
|Wernher Hoffmann (President), Robert Edelmaier (Vice President)
The Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying ( BEV ) is responsible for official surveying in Austria and is the national metrology institute .
His responsibilities include the following:
- Management of the land register in Austria : The land register is the plan representation of all land in Austria and is available in digital form across the board . It serves as an accompanying element to the land register .
- Creation and maintenance of the official surveying points (position and height control points): Position control points , which serve as starting points for property measurements , must be available in the populated area at intervals of around 700 to 1200 m.
- Operation of the GPS satellite positioning service Austrian Positioning Service (APOS)
- Management of the digital landscape and elevation model and the name database GEONAM Austria
- Creation of the official Austrian maps : the following maps are being produced and continuously updated:
- Surveying and administrative work related to the state border
- Management of the National Metrology Institute (NMI), which provides measurement standards according to the SI system of units .
- Physical-technical testing service for the technical implementation of calibrations and testing of measuring devices in connection with national standards.
In addition to the central facilities for the basic tasks in Vienna , the BEV maintains branch offices throughout Austria to carry out its tasks . These are run as surveying offices or calibration and surveying offices (full functionality) or as information centers (only for party traffic, providing information).
The following laws form the basis for the work of the BEV :
- Art. 10 of the Federal Constitutional Law : Federal competence for border marking, surveying, measurements and weights.
- Section 845 ff of the General Civil Code : regulates the definition of property boundaries
- General Administrative Procedure Act
- Soil Estimation Act
- Real Estate Division Act
- State Border Act
- Surveying Act
- Surveying Ordinance
- Surveying Fee Ordinance
- Measure and calibration law