Carl Frederik Nyman
Carl Frederik Nyman , also Carl Fredrik Nyman (born August 31, 1820 in Stockholm , † April 26, 1893 ibid) was a Swedish botanist . Its official botanical author's abbreviation is " Nyman ".
Nyman was a curator at Naturhistoriska Riksmuseet Stockholm . Together with Heinrich Wilhelm Schott and Karl Georg Theodor Kotschy he was editor of Analecta botanica (1854).
The plant genera Nymania Lindb. from the family of meliaceae (Meliaceae) and Nymanina Kuntze of the family Iridaceae (Iridaceae) have been named after him.
- Conspectus Florae Europaeae . (1878–1890; four parts: 1st part September 1878, 2nd part October 1879, 3rd part probably July 1881, 4th part October 1882, addendum December 1885).
- Sylloge Florae Europaeae . (1854-1855).
- Robert Zander : Zander concise dictionary of plant names . Ed .: Fritz Encke , Günther Buchheim, Siegmund Seybold . 13th, revised and expanded edition. Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart 1984, ISBN 3-8001-5042-5 .
- ↑ Lotte Burkhardt: Directory of eponymous plant names - Extended Edition. Part I and II. Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin , Freie Universität Berlin , Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-946292-26-5 doi: 10.3372 / epolist2018 .
- Author entry and list of the described plant names for Carl Frederik Nyman at the IPNI
|SURNAME||Nyman, Carl Frederik|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Nyman, Carl Fredrik|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swedish botanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1820|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stockholm|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 26, 1893|
|Place of death||Stockholm|