Christian Nathanael from Osiander
Christian Nathanael Osiander , from 1834 by Osiander , (born January 15, 1781 in Kohlberg , † April 13, 1855 in Ulm ) was a German theologian.
Osiander had taken up a degree in Protestant theology at the University of Tübingen and in 1800 acquired the academic degree of a master's degree in philosophy. In 1802 he became a preacher in the castle and in 1805 a repetitee in Tübingen. From 1803 to 1805 he was vicar at the Hospital Church in Stuttgart. From 1808 to 1842 he worked as a professor at the upper grammar school in Stuttgart . In 1842 he became prelate and general superintendent in Ulm . He retired on April 22, 1851.
The general superintendents of the Protestant regional church were, by virtue of their office, privileged members of the second chamber of the Württemberg state parliament . Christian Nathanael von Osiander therefore also joined the state parliament in 1843 after his appointment in Ulm. He held the office until 1849.
Christian Nathanael Osiander was the eldest son of the pastor Johann Adam Osiander (1747–1813) and the Philippine Heinrike Wilhelmine Osiander nee. Kapff (1753-1823) and had twelve siblings. In 1804 he married Elisabeth Friederike Rosina Mohr (1779–1854), with her he had two children.
The Knight's Cross of him was in 1834 the Order of the Württemberg Crown granted that with the personal title of nobility ( ennoblement ) was associated.
- The Emperor Julian Caesars. Stuttgart, 1856
- Thucydides History of the Peleponesian War. Stuttgart
- Greek poets in new metric translations . Ulm
- Herodian's history of the empire since the death of Markus Herodianus <Historicus>. Stuttgart
- Roman poets in new metric translations . Ulm
- Rochus von Liliencron : Osiander, Christian Nathanael . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 24, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1887, p. 484.
- Frank Raberg : Biographical handbook of the Württemberg state parliament members 1815-1933 . On behalf of the Commission for Historical Regional Studies in Baden-Württemberg. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 2001, ISBN 3-17-016604-2 , p. 633 .
- Frank Raberg : Biographical Lexicon for Ulm and Neu-Ulm 1802-2009 . Süddeutsche Verlagsgesellschaft im Jan Thorbecke Verlag, Ostfildern 2010, ISBN 978-3-7995-8040-3 , p. 301 .
|SURNAME||Osiander, Christian Nathanael from|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Osiander, Christian Nathanael|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 15, 1781|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kohlberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 13, 1855|
|Place of death||Ulm|