Christian Thumb (* around 1645 in Bezau ; † June 4, 1726 in Au ) was an Austrian architect .
His family belonged to the Au guild . The construction work on the Schönenberg Church had started under the direction of his brother Michael Thumb , who also came up with the plans for the church of the former Premonstratensian monastery in Obermarchtal , which Christian completed together with Franz Beer .
Today's Friedrichshafen Castle Church can be described as the main work.
- 1681–96 Ellwangen (Jagst) -Schönenberg, pilgrimage church on the Schönenberg
- 1685–88 Catholic parish church of St. Blasius in Raustetten, Fremdingen parish
- 1686–92 Obermarchtal, Premonstratensian monastery church of St. Peter and Paul
- 1695–1701 Friedrichshafen , Schlosskirche Friedrichshafen (formerly Benedictine priory church Hofen )
- 1698–99 Bregenz , lake chapel
- 1716–22 Bad Saulgau-Sießen , cloistered buildings of the Dominican convent
- 1717–24 Weingarten , Benedictine monastery church of St. Martin von Tours and St. Oswald
Commons : Christian Thumb - collection of images, videos and audio files
- Christian Thumb. In: arch INFORM .
- Entry on Christian Thumb in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1645|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bezau|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 4, 1726|
|Place of death||Au (Vorarlberg)|