She worked as a journalist before joining Siemens AG in 1979 , where she worked until 1988. As a department head and executive, she was responsible for the areas of policy work, management training and internal management information. In addition, she held teaching positions at the universities of Munich, Eichstätt and Zurich and completed her habilitation in 1985 with an analysis of structural change in communication systems. Mast was also head of the Public Relations course at the Bavarian Academy for Advertising and Marketing together with Jürg W. Leipziger and Richard Gaul .
As a professor of communication science and journalism, Claudia Mast is responsible for the areas of journalism , corporate communication and public relations in the university journalism training program at the University of Hohenheim (Stuttgart). Since 1998 she has also been the managing director of the Society for Strategic Communication Management (Munich).
Claudia Mast is a member of various committees and media organizations, she is a member of the board of directors of Deutsche Welle (Bonn) and the German UNESCO Commission . Furthermore, she is u. a. active in the jury of the Helmut Schmidt Journalist Prize .
She has published numerous works in her field and is the editor of z. B. the book series "Media and Markets" of the University Publishing House Konstanz (UVK).
Mast was the winner in the “Humanities, Social and Cultural Studies” category in the “Professors of the Year 2015” competition organized by Unicum magazine .
- with Simone Huck and Ansgar Zerfaß : Innovation communication in dynamic markets. Empirical results and case studies (= media: research and science. Vol. 13). Lit, Berlin et al. 2006, ISBN 3-8258-9754-0 .
- with Simone Huck and Karoline Güller: customer communication. A guide (= UTB. Business Administration, Communication Science 2492). Lucius and Lucius, Stuttgart 2005, ISBN 3-8252-2492-9 .
- with Klaus Spachmann: Reforms in Germany. Ways to a better understanding between business and society. VS, Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2005, ISBN 3-531-14550-9 .
- Corporate communication . A guide. 8th, revised edition. UVK, Munich 2020, ISBN 978-3-8252-5480-3 .
- Effective communication for managers. Inform, discuss, convince. Verlag Moderne Industrie, Landsberg 2000, ISBN 3-478-38250-5 .
- Business journalism. Basics and new concepts for the press. Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen et al. 1999, ISBN 3-531-13443-4 (2nd, revised and updated edition. Ibid 2003).
- Professional goal journalism. Tasks, requirements and contacts. Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen et al. 1999, ISBN 3-531-13340-3 (2nd, revised and expanded edition. Ibid. 2000, ISBN 3-531-33340-2 ).
- with Manuela Popp and Rüdiger Theilmann: Journalists on the information superhighway. Qualification profiles in the multimedia age (= media and markets. Vol. 7). UVK-Medien, Konstanz 1997, ISBN 3-89669-222-4 .
- with Ansgar Zerfaß: Successfully implementing new ideas. The innovation communication manual. Frankfurter Allgemeine Buch, Frankfurt am Main 2005, ISBN 3-89981-052-X .
- ABC of journalism. A manual (= series of practical journalism. Vol. 1). 7th, completely new edition. UVK-Medien Ölschläger, Konstanz 1994, ISBN 3-88295-218-0 (Mast is the editor from the 7th edition, several editions followed).
- with Hermann Fünfgeld : mass communication. Results and Perspectives. (Gerhard Maletzke on his 75th birthday). Westdeutscher Verlag, Opladen 1997, ISBN 3-531-12914-7 .
- Journalist Training Manual. Rommerskirchen, Remagen-Rolandseck 1996, ISBN 3-926943-47-5 .
- Literature by and about Claudia Mast in the catalog of the German National Library
- University of Hohenheim: Profile Claudia Mast
- Heinrich Pöhlein: The Munich School 1949 - 2009, 60 years BAW . Ed .: Heinrich Pöhlein. tape 2 . Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-00-026648-5 , pp. 36 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German communication scientist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1952|