Clausdieter Schott (born November 1, 1936 in Freiburg im Breisgau ) is a German legal historian .
After graduating from high school in 1956 at the Berthold-Gymnasium in Freiburg, Schott studied law and economics in Freiburg and Munich . He passed the two state exams in 1960 and 1965. 1963/1964 he was a research assistant to Hans Thieme at the “Institute for Legal History ” in Freiburg and from 1965 to 1970 with Ernst von Caemmerer at the “Institute for Foreign and International Private Law” there. Schott received his doctorate in 1965 with a dissertation on the expert and ruling activities of the law faculties; In 1970 he completed his habilitation with a thesis on the medieval trust and received the license to teach German legal history and civil law .
Schott was Secretary General of the Society for Comparative Law from 1970 to 1977 . In 1973 he became an adjunct professor in Freiburg i. Br. From 1975 until his retirement in 2004, he was a full professor for legal history and private law at the University of Zurich. At the same time he was head of the "Research Center for Legal History" founded by Karl S. Bader and from 1980 to 1992 also head of the "Law Seminar". From 1992 to 1994 he was Dean of the Faculty of Law. He is co-founder of the journal for modern legal history, which has been published since 1979, and is co-editor of the Signa Iuris series .
His main research interests are Germanic tribal rights, medieval law books, the history of codes and methods, courts and proceedings, as well as the history of private law and legal iconography . For 2018, Schott was awarded the Eike von Repgow Prize of the City of Magdeburg primarily for his work in editing and commenting on the Sachsenspiegel issues.
He is married and has two sons.
A list of publications by Clausdieter Schott appeared in: Marcel Senn, Claudio Soliva (eds.): Rechtsgeschichte & Interdisciplinarity. Festschrift for Clausdieter Schott on his 65th birthday. Bern et al. Lang, 2001, ISBN 3-906767-55-8 , pp. 387-403.
- Child adoption - adoption - elective childship. Legal history and legal histories. Metzner, Frankfurt am Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-8019-5709-4 .
- Marcel Senn, Claudio Soliva (ed.): Legal history & interdisciplinarity. Festschrift for Clausdieter Schott on his 65th birthday. Bern et al. Lang, 2001, ISBN 3-906767-55-8 .
- Literature by and about Clausdieter Schott in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications by Clausdieter Schott in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- List of publications at the UZH Institute of Law
- Page by Clausdieter Schott at the University of Zurich
- ↑ State capital Magdeburg, Eike von Repgow Prize 2018 to Prof. Dr. Clausdieter Schott awarded. State capital and university honor renowned medieval experts. October 18, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freiburg in Breisgau|