Cornelia Wulkopf completed an apprenticeship as a pediatric nurse after finishing school. From 1971 to 1977 she studied singing at the Northwest German Music Academy in Detmold with Professors Helmut Kretschmar , Günther Weißenborn and Rainer Weber. In 1976 she won first prizes in the competition of the state music academies and in the national singing competition of the VDMK in Berlin (opera and concert).
In 1978 she worked at the Bavarian State Opera in Munich and made her first appearance as "Erda" in the ring. Then she sang “Schwertleite” and “Waltraute” (ring), “Magdalena” (Meistersinger), “Brangäne” (Tristan), “Orpheus” (Orpheus and Euridice), “Ulrica” (masked ball), “Azucena” (troubadour ), "Witch" (Hansel and Gretel), "Anina" (Rosenkavalier), "Bostana" (Barber of Baghdad) and many other roles in her field. In 1988 she was appointed Bavarian Chamber Singer .
As early as 1980 she appeared on the big stages in Germany, Hamburg State Opera (Erda, Norne, Hexe), State Theater Hanover (Erda, Amme in Frau ohne Schatten), Karlsruhe (Erda, Gaea in Daphne, Herodias in Salome), Düsseldorf, Cologne , State Opera, German Opera and Komische Oper in Berlin, followed by guest appearances at the Vienna State Opera, La Scala in Milan (Erda and 2nd Norn under R. Muti), Zurich, Basel, Barcelona, Lyon, Graz, Calgari and Buenos Aires.
In recent years Cornelia Wulkopf has expanded her repertoire to include the following roles: “Baronin Grünwiesel” (Henze, Young Lord), “Gertrud” (Marschner, Hans Heiling), “Filipjewna” (Tchaikovsky, Eugene Onegin), “Old Baroness” (Barber , Vanessa), "Aunti" (Britten, Peter Grimes)
Extensive concert activities under the conductors Karl Richter, Wolfgang Sawallisch , Seijii Ozawa, Václav Neumann , Eugen Jochum, Leif Segerstam , Marek Janowski, Carlos Kleiber , Sergiu Celebidache, Marc Albrecht , Christian Thielemann and others have taken her to Germany and abroad. She gave recitals with Wolfgang Sawallisch, Helmut Deutsch, Rainer Weber and Klaus Schilde, took part in radio and television recordings and made various records and CDs.
- Max Reger, To Hope , Da Camera
- F. and R. Strauss, chamber music for horn, alto and piano , DuG
- Sacred French horn music , Ars production
- Brahms, Dvořák, Lieder , Ars production
- G. Verdi, Requiem , ambitus
- Mozart, Apollo et Hyacinthus , DGG
- W. Egk, Peer Gynt , Orfeo
- Rossini, Mosè , Orfeo
- Schubert, Lazarus , Orfeo
- Lortzing, Tsar and Zimmermann , HMV-Electrola
- Puccini, La fanciulla del West , RCA
- JS Bach, Mass in B minor , Electrola
- Video, Mozart, The Magic Flute , Philipps
- DVD, Marschner, Hans Heiling
- Hännsler, Günter Wand Edition, Beethoven, Mass in C major and Mozart, Litaniae de Venerabili K 243
- House of Opera, P. Cornelius, The Barber of Baghdad , Bayr. State Opera 1987
- Karl-Josef Kutsch , Leo Riemens : Large singer lexicon . Directmedia Publ., Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-89853-433-2 (1 CD-ROM).
- Publications by Cornelia Wulkopf in the catalog of the German National Library
- Cornelia Wulkopf homepage
- Cornelia Wulkopf at Operabase (engagements and dates)
- Biography ( Memento of the original from April 21, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on corneliawulkopf.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German opera singer (alto / mezzo-soprano)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Braunschweig|