D. John Roberts
Roberts received a bachelor's degree from the University of Manitoba in 1967 and a Ph.D. in 1972 from Hugo Freund Sonnenschein with his thesis Lindahl Equilibrium and the Allocation of Public Goods at the University of Minnesota. in economics. He initially held a professorship at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University before moving to Stanford University in 1980 . Here he is the emeritus John H. Scully Professor of Economics, Strategic Management, and International Business .
Roberts' research contributed significantly to the development of economic theories, in particular to game theory and its applications in questions of economics and management . He examined competition in industry, especially under conditions of asymmetrical information , and organizational economics . More recent work dealing with randomized studies on changes in corporate management in large companies .
Roberts has been a member of the Econometric Society since 1982 . In 2005 he was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences , and in 2007 he received an honorary doctorate from the University of Winnipeg . His book The Modern Firm: Organizational Design for Performance and Growth was named best business book of the year by The Economist 2004.
- With Paul R. Milgrom : Economics, Organization, and Management. Prentice Hall, 1992. ISBN 978-0-13-224650-7
- The Modern Firm: Organizational Design for Performance and Growth. Oxford University Press, 2004. ISBN 978-0-19-829375-0
- With Robert Gibbons (Ed.): Handbook of Organizational Economics. Princeton University Press, 2012. ISBN 978-0-691-13279-2
- John Roberts at Stanford University (stanford.edu)
- Donald John Roberts at the Mathematics Genealogy Project (genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu)
- Econometric Society Fellows, November 2017 ; accessed on June 14, 2018.
- Book of Members 1780 – present, Chapter R. (PDF; 508 kB) In: American Academy of Arts and Sciences (amacad.org). Retrieved June 14, 2018 .
- Feet up, volume down ( Memento from March 21, 2017 in the Internet Archive )
|SURNAME||Roberts, D. John|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Roberts, Donald John (full name); Roberts, John|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian economist from Stanford University|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 11, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Winnipeg|