Dresden Poetry Prize
The Dresden Poetry Prize is a literary prize that has been awarded every two years by the city of Dresden since 1996 . The prize is awarded to a German , Czech , Austrian or Swiss author and is intended to “primarily promote cultural exchange between the Czech Republic and the German-speaking area”. The prize is endowed with 5,000 euros.
Each applicant for the prize submits six to ten texts. The name of the author will not be disclosed to the jury; instead, there is only a password on the text sheet, so that there can be no “celebrity bonus” at the Dresden Poetry Prize.
Voting members of the main jury are also representatives of the city council and the administration.
- 1996 Thomas Art
- 1998 Petr Hruška and Christian Lehnert
- 2000 Lutz Seiler
- 2002 Hendrik Rost
- 2004 Uwe Tellkamp
- 2006 Viola Fischerová and Uljana Wolf
- 2008 Christian Futscher
- 2010 Marie Šťastná
- 2012 Hartwig Mauritz
- 2014 Lea Schneider , Thilo Krause (audience award)
- 2016 Guy Helminger and Simona Rackova
- 2018 Bastian Schneider and Jan Škrob
- Dresdner Lyrikpreis 2014. (No longer available online.) Www.literaturhaus-dresden.de, November 23, 2014, archived from the original on November 29, 2014 ; accessed on November 23, 2014 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.