Eclipse (aerospace software)
|Eclipse software suite|
|developer||Sapienza Consulting ltd.|
|Publishing year||December 2009|
|Current version||4.9 "Oyxgen"
(August 4th 2017)
|operating system||RHEL ES , CentOS V. 5, Solaris V. 10|
|category||Enterprise content management|
Eclipse is a European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS) compliant platform with software applications that are available for the preparation, processing and implementation of space projects and for supporting the mission teams. Companies in the aerospace industry can use this software to support and carry out projects. Activities and processes can be organized with the following content: Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Product Assurance, Project Management.
According to the developer (Sapienza Consulting ltd.) The Eclipse software suite offers its users an advanced, simple handling and is subject to the ECSS.
Eclipse is used in the aerospace industry to plan projects and was first presented to the space industry at the following events:
- International Space System Engineering Conference , 1. – 4. June 2010, Budapest
- ESA Knowledge Management Conference , 21. – 23. June 2010, European Space Operations Center (ESOC), Darmstadt
The Eclipse software suite is currently used by the European Space Agency ( ESA ) and other companies in the European space industry.
Eclipse supports the following project steps:
- Document management
- Configuration management
- Action ( corporate governance )
- Risk management
- Non-conformance management
- quality control
- Product assurance
- Project management
- Knowledge management
- Technology management
Eclipse contains the following modules:
|AIM||Management of a to-do list||Development and monitoring of all options for action. Storage of actions developed by other Eclipse modules (e.g. from DCCM or eRID).|
|DAB||Database Application Builder||Creation of management, finance, contract and engineering applications|
|DASH||Management cockpit||Upload and manage dashboards.|
|DCCM||Document, setting and change management||Review, approval, management and distribution of documents taking into account the ECSS M-ST-10C.|
|EEE||Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Database||Management of EEE elements.
Management and review of the associated Declared Components Lists (DCLs).
Where applicable, taking into account ECSS Q-ST-60C.
|ICMDB||Industry Capability Mapping Database||Manage information about organizations, their products and services against specific technology and competence requirements.
Recording and tracking of the performance capacities of suppliers, including key performance indicators ( Key performance indicators , KPIs) of products and services.
|JAIL||Java Authentication Interface LDAP||Centralized authentication and administration of users for all ECLIPSE modules.|
|MyECLIPSE||My ECLIPSE||Management of personalized user groups, bookmarks and settings.|
|eNCTS||Nonconformance (NC) tracking system||Identification, processing and rectification of nonconformancies based on a product tree. Sharing of NC data via XML interface (interfaces) with the NC tools of other NC users. Where applicable, taking into account ECSS Q-ST-10-09C.|
|PAM||Project Administration Module||Administration of user accounts, profiles and authorizations.|
|eRID||Review Items of Discrepancy||Preparation, configuration, administration and control of the reviews of project and mission documents.
Where applicable, taking into account ECSS M-ST-10-01C.
|eRISK||Risk management||Identification and assessment of risks. Identification of actions to minimize risks.
Where applicable, taking into account ECSS M-ST-80C.
The Eclipse software suite was or is used for project development / project management :
- Galileo Galileo program OHB, Bremen, Germany
- Environmental Mapping and Analysis Program (EnMAP)
- Earth Observation Projects MTG , Sentinel-4
- GRACE project Airbus D&S (Friedrichshafen, Germany)
- Sentinel-4 Airbus D&S (Ottobrunn, Germany)
- Document Management Tool ESA EAC, Köln, Germany , ESOC, Darmstadt, Germany
Sapienza Consulting is an aerospace company based in the UK. It was founded in 1994 by Mike Bearman and Tariq Larfaoui to support companies with project management and IT consulting. In 2009 the product "Eclipse" was introduced, which should simplify the project organization in the space area. A year later, the product was presented to the space industry.
- IT for Space Systems: A Project-Oriented View of IT in Space Projects . BCS, April 28, 2010, accessed June 22, 2011
- International Space System Engineering Conference . DASIA 2010. bibcode : 2010ESASP.682E ... 5B
- ESA Knowledge Management Conference 2010 ( Memento from December 12, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ). ESA, June 23, 2010, accessed June 22, 2011
- More space projects using ESA non-conformance tracking tool . ESA.
- Sapienza Consulting releases the Eclipse software suite to the space Market . Sapienza, November 9, 2010, accessed May 27, 2011.
- ECSS-M-ST-10C Rev.1 - Project planning and implementation . ECSS 2012.
- ECSS-Q-ST-60C - Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical (EEE) Components . ECSS 2012.
- ECSS-Q-ST-10-09C - Nonconformance control system . ECSS 2012.
- ECSS-M-ST-10-01C - Organization and conduct of reviews . ECSS 2012.
- ECSS-M-ST-80C - Risk Management . ECSS 2012.
- Sapienza Consulting - Story So Far ( Memento from April 14, 2015 in the web archive archive.today )
- Eclipse Software Suite ( Memento from April 14, 2015 in the web archive archive.today )