Elisabeth Pittermann was born as the daughter of Bruno Pittermann . She studied medicine and received her doctorate on November 29, 1971 sub auspiciis . In 1971 she began her professional career in the Hanusch Hospital in Vienna . In 1991 she became Primary of the 3rd Medical Department there.
She began her political activities with the SPÖ's medical association. She was a district councilor in Meidling . From 1994 to 2000 she was a member of the National Council . From 2000 to 2004 Pittermann was Vienna City Councilor for Health and Hospitals. Since then she has been working at the Hanusch Hospital again.
- 2008: Great Silver Medal of Honor for Services to the State of Vienna
- Elisabeth Pittermann on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Literature by and about Elisabeth Pittermann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Elisabeth Pittermann. In: dasrotewien.at - Web dictionary of the Viennese social democracy. SPÖ Vienna (Ed.)
- Awarded the Great Silver Medal of Honor
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian doctor and politician (SPÖ), member of the state parliament, member of the national council|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 3, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|