Elisabeth Schwarze-Neuss , b. Neuss (born November 18, 1930 in Halle (Saale) ; † March 21, 2019 there ), was a German archivist and historian .
Elisabeth was the daughter of Erich Neuss and was introduced to archival science and history from an early age, so that she followed in her father's footsteps as an archivist and historian. She studied history at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and at the Humboldt University in Berlin . Subsequently, she began studying archival science at the Institute for Archival Science in Potsdam , from which she graduated as a qualified archivist. She received her first position at the Weimar State Archives and later in the Merseburg Department of the Central State Archives of the GDR .
In 1970 she graduated as Dr. phil. At the end of the 1980s she increasingly appeared in public with publications: For example, she wrote articles for the Mansfeld Heimatblätter (1988, 1989) and in the early 1990s article series for regional editions of the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung (1992, 1993) and for the Hallesche Tageblatt (1993, 1994), for example to the Dölauer Heide or to monasteries in the Mansfelder Land . In her free time she devoted herself particularly to castle research in Saxony-Anhalt and headed the Saxony-Anhalt regional group of the German Castle Association for many years . V. , which is based in Halle (Saale). In the series of publications of this association ( Castles and Palaces in Saxony-Anhalt ) she published around 15 larger articles, including the three-part palace in the Baroque era (2005 to 2007), which comprises more than 160 pages. Also in the Heimat-Jahrbuch Saalekreis (1996, 2008, 2019) and in the magazine of the Landesheimatbund von Sachsen-Anhalt (1992, 2000, 2006) several articles by Schwarze-Neuss appeared. In 2000 she published a 50-page article in the renowned yearbook of the Historical Commission of Saxony and Anhalt . In her final years she devoted herself increasingly to the development of Halle and published articles on this topic in the yearbook for Halle city history .
- with Hans Eberhardt: Land and Turkish tax registers of the 16th century and the possibilities of their evaluation , Weimar, 1985.
- with Renate Endler: The Masonic holdings in the Secret State Archive of Prussian Cultural Heritage. Volume 1: Grand Lodges and Protector. Volume 2: daughter boxes. (= Series of publications by the international research center for democratic movements in Central Europe 1770–1850, volumes 13 and 18), Frankfurt am Main et al. 1994, 1996.
- with Erich Neuss: Settlement history of the Saalkreis and the Mansfelder Land. From the Migration Period to the end of the 18th century , Weimar, 1995.
- Property history and territorial policy of the Magdeburg Moritzkloster and the Archbishops of Magdeburg (937-1024). In: Saxony and Anhalt. Vol. 22 (1999/2000), pp. 81-134.
- The oldest known residents of Halle from the beginning of the 12th century until the formation of the council in 1258 , 2006.
- Aristocratic seats in Saxony-Anhalt. Collected contributions , ed. from the Saxony-Anhalt regional group of the German Castle Association e. V., 2010.
- ^ Online catalog of the regional bibliography of Saxony-Anhalt . Search term Schwarze-Neuss .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schwarze-Neuss, Elisabeth; Schwarze, Elisabeth; Neuss, Elisabeth|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 18, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Halle (Saale)|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 21, 2019|
|Place of death||Halle (Saale)|