Elmar Lechner (born December 10, 1944 in Imst , Austria ) is a retired associate professor at the Institute for Educational Science and Educational Research (Department of Historical Education ) at the Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt .
Lechner studied in Innsbruck , his habilitation took place in 1985 for the subject of pedagogy with a special focus on historical pedagogy.
- From 1986 to 1999 he headed the department for historical (and comparative) pedagogy at the Institute for Educational Science and University Didactics and for Educational Science and Educational Research at the Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
- since 1986 he has been a member of the editorial board of Paedagogica Historica ( Gent , Belgium )
- since 1988 he has been President of the Austrian Society for Historical Education and School History
- 1992 Honorary Fellow at the University of Wisconsin , Madison
- 1994 visiting professor at the University of Chernivtsi / Chernivtsi , Ukraine
- History of Pedagogy "for students at Austrian universities for pedagogical and social professions
- Pedagogy at the former Franz-Josefs-University in Chernivtsi
- Austrian School Museum. Final report of the project
- Editor of the Education Retrospectives series
- Literature by and about Elmar Lechner in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian pedagogue and professor for historical pedagogy|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 10, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Imst , Austria|