Ernst Justus Haeberlin
Ernst Justus Haeberlin (born June 19, 1847 in Frankfurt am Main , † December 5, 1925 in Frankfurt-Eschersheim ) was an attorney and councilor of Frankfurt am Main. However, Haeberlin was best known as a numismatist .
In addition to his job, he carried out extensive numismatic research and travel. In 1906 he was a co-founder of the Frankfurt Numismatic Society. After his death, his coin collection was dissolved, some of it was auctioned; only the aes grave and parts of the coin collection came to the Münzkabinett of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin in 1940 .
- 1917 cast bronze, 70 mm, on his 70th birthday. Medalist: Max Lewy . Front: head portrait to the right. Back: Janus head.
- Aes grave. The heavy money of Rome and Central Italy including the raw bronze currency that preceded it. 2 volumes (Vol. 1: Containing the coin registers. Vol. 2: Tafelband. ). Baer & Co., Frankfurt am Main 1910, (digitized: Volume 1 , Volume 2 ).
- To the corpus numorum aeris gravis. The system of the oldest Roman coinage. Verlag der "Berliner Münzblätter", Berlin 1905 ( digitized version ).
- Max von Bahrfeldt : EJ Haeberlin. In: Blätter für Münzfreunde 60, 1925, pp. 369–372
- Literature by and about Ernst Justus Haeberlin in the catalog of the German National Library
- Haeberlin, Ernst Justus. Hessian biography. (As of December 5, 2019). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- The gold and silver coins of the Roman Republic up to 15 BC. Chr. Collection Justizrat Dr. jur. et phil. hc Ernst Justus Haeberlin July 17, 1933. Adolph E. Cahn / Adolph Hess successors, Frankfurt am Main 1933 ( digitized ).
- Bernhard Weisser: Nationally valuable cultural property. The collection of Roman heavy money from Ernst Justus Haeberlin. In: Robert Lehmann u. a. (Ed.): Nub Nefer - Gutes Gold. Commemorative letter for Dr. Manfred Gutgesell (= Hanoverian Numismatic Contributions Volume 1 (2014)), pp. 279–305 ( digitized version ); Coin Cabinet of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin - to display the coins from the Haeberlin collection, please enter Haeberlin in the search field.
- Literature: Blätter für Münzfreunde 1917, p. 321.
|SURNAME||Haeberlin, Ernst Justus|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German numismatist and lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1847|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 5, 1925|
|Place of death||Frankfurt-Eschersheim|