Ernst Plaum (* 17th April 1940 in Hammelburg ) is a German psychologist and Gestalt theoretician and is now Emeritus Professor of Psychology of the Catholic University .
Plaum studied psychology at the universities of Würzburg , Marburg / Lahn and finally Göttingen , where he received his diploma in psychology from the Gestalt psychologist Kurt Gottschaldt . In 1975 he obtained his doctorate in Göttingen. rer. nat. He then worked as a research assistant at the University of Konstanz , where he also completed his habilitation (Venia legendi for psychology). In 1983 he was appointed professor for differential and personality psychology and psychodiagnostics at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt , where he worked in research and teaching until he retired in 2005. His main focus was on basic problems in psychology, especially psychodiagnostics, and the history of psychology .
For many years Plaum headed the specialist group Psychological-Clinical Diagnostics of the Clinical Psychology Section of the Professional Association of German Psychologists BDP and was a member of the testing board of the Federation of German Psychological Associations . For several years Plaum was a member of the board of directors of the international multidisciplinary society for gestalt theory and its applications . He is the consulting editor of the journal Gestalt Theory and co-editor of the first volume of the Handbuch zur Gestalttheorie (2008). In 2011, Plaum was acquired by the Swiss Dr. Margrit Egnér Foundation in Zurich for his services in the field of anthropological psychology.
- 1982: Diagnostics between basic research and intervention: attempts to determine the location . Weinheim: Beltz. ISBN 978-3-407-86006-4
- 1986: Achievement motivation diagnostics on the basis of action theory: Development of a new test method and first results on validity (Beltz research reports). ISBN 3-407-58282-X
- 1992: Individual psychological work . Publishing house Lucius & Lucius. ISBN 3-432-99701-9
- 1996: Introduction to Psychodiagnostics . WBG (Scientific Book Society), ISBN 3-534-12181-3
- 2008: with Hellmuth Metz-Göckel , Ferdinand Herget and Jürgen Kriz, editor of: Gestalttheorie aktuell. Handbook for Gestalt Theory (Volume 1). Vienna: Krammer, ISBN 3-901-81136-2
- 2009: with Florian Heinrich: Questionable questionnaires: Paradigmatic studies on violence in schools . Wiesbaden: VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, ISBN 978-3-531-16534-9
- KU Eichstätt: publications by Ernst Plaum
- Are there scientific ways to learn about human nature? Answers beyond simplicity and renunciation . Lecture by Ernst Plaum on the occasion of the award by the Dr. Margrit Egnér Foundation 2011.
- Problems of the psychological assessment of children as victims , KuV / Interdisciplinary specialist journal of DGgKV · Volume 11 · Issue 2 · 2008.
- Quality - totality - complexity - everyday reality: on the legacy of gestalt theory in applied psychology and diagnostics. In: Journal für Psychologie 13 (2005), 4, pp. 288-310.
- with Michaela Burth (1999): Psychological-clinical individual diagnosis and symptom-oriented, non-individual-specific interventions. In: Psychologie und Gesellschaftskritik 23 (4), 94-103.
- ↑ Report Psychology , 4/2004 .
- ↑ Honor for Professor Plaum Donaukurier on November 28, 2011
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 17, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hammelburg|