Mineral wool industry association
|FMI Fachverband Mineralwolleindustrie e. V.|
|legal form||Registered association|
|Board||Chairman : Michael Wörtler|
|executive Director||Thomas Tenzler ( GF )|
The FMI Fachverband Mineralwolleindustrie e. V. is the association of the leading manufacturers of glass and stone wool in Germany. Its members have a quantitative share of around 50 percent of the entire German insulation market. Its members Saint-Gobain, Rockwool International, URSA and Knauf Insulation also produce around 95 percent of the mineral wool produced in Europe together with the Paroc Group, which is not represented in the FMI.
The FMI aims to protect and promote the general, ideal and economic interests of its members. Above all, the use of mineral wool in all areas under consideration, in particular heat, cold, noise and fire protection, should be promoted.
As a professional association, its task is also product standardization, quality assurance and quality monitoring to protect consumers.
The association is the initiator of the consumer campaign “Come on was wool”. The main aim of this is to draw the attention of builders and homeowners to the advantages of mineral wool.
The association was founded in 1977 as the Mineral Fiber Industry Association. In 2006 it was renamed FMI Fachverband Mineralwolleindustrie e. V. The FMI has been based in Berlin since 2005.
seal of approval
The members of the FMI have undertaken to submit their products to the independent test center Gütegemeinschaft Mineralwolle e. V. (GGM) and have it checked continuously. The Gütegemeinschaft Mineralwolle e.V., founded in 1998, awards mineral wool products that meet the relevant nationally and Europe-wide criteria of biosolubility. V. (GGM) the RAL quality mark "Mineral wool products". This process ensures that the mineral wool products with the RAL quality mark are harmless to health .
At the top of the association is the board with a chairman.
This office was or is held by:
- 1977–1979 Felix Altenhoven
- 1979–1995 Joseph Kartaun
- 1996–1997 Manfred Werner
- 1997–1999 Klaus Sistermann
- 1999–2003 Günter Edelmann
- since 2003 Michael Wörtler
The association is led by a managing director. A full-time managing director was appointed for the first time in 1982.
- 1982–1993 Ernst Roschild
- 1993-2005 Isolde Elkan
- 2005–2014 Peter Seelig
- since 2014 Thomas Tenzler
The FMI has the following bodies:
Technical Committee, Marketing Working Group, Public Affairs Working Group
- Cimowool GmbH
- German Rockwool Mineralwoll GmbH & Co. OHG
- Knauf Insulation GmbH
- Saint-Gobain Isover G + H AG
- Ursa Germany GmbH
The FMI is a member of the German Association for Energy-Efficient Building Envelopes, the Society for Rational Energy Use (GRE) and the European Association of Insulation Manufacturers (EURIMA).
- FMI in the public list on the registration of associations and their representatives , Association number 1282, current version (PDF), accessed on January 30, 2015
- Meta study insulation materials 2013 cf. z. B. Christoph Sprengard, Sebastian Treml, Andreas H. Holm: "Technologies and techniques for improving the energy efficiency of buildings through thermal insulation materials" " Research Institute for Thermal Protection "
- Sector report for the mineral wool industry; Page 2; November 2009; Ecofys (project leader), Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Öko-Institut Methodology for the free allocation of emission allowances in the EU, ETS post 2012, Sector report for the mineral wool industry ( Memento des Originals from February 5, 2015 in Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF)
- Association on the FMI website
- Campaign website Come on was wool
- Die Welt : The billion dollar business of the insulation industry , October 1, 2014, accessed on January 30, 2015
- ECOFYS study on the energy efficiency and climate protection effects of insulation measures that can be implemented at short notice ( memento of the original from January 30, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. from July 2014
- Statutes of the mineral wool quality association
- Implementation provisions for the award and use of the quality mark for products made from mineral wool