Feodora zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1839–1872)
Feodora Victoria Adelheid zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg (* July 7, 1839 in Stuttgart , † February 10, 1872 in Meiningen ) was a princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and by marriage Duchess of Saxony-Meiningen .
Feodora was a daughter of Prince Ernst I zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1794–1860) from his marriage to Feodora (1807–1872), the only daughter of Prince Emich Carl zu Leiningen . Her mother was the half-sister of the British Queen Victoria (1819-1901).
Feodora married Duke Georg II of Saxony-Meiningen (1826–1914) on October 23, 1858 in Langenburg ; Father of two children and widower since 1855. The 19-year-old Duchess was in no way prepared for this role, was considered spoiled, musically disinterested and not very intelligent. The marriage became less harmonious.
Feodora founded a branch of the Saxon " Albert Association " in Meiningen . Meiningen's connection to this patriotic women's association laid the foundation for the later Red Cross Sisterhood. After the death of her last child, she withdrew from Meiningen. Feodora died of scarlet fever at the age of 32 . The Villa Feodora in Bad Liebenstein , which Georg had built from 1860 to 1862 by the architect Ludwig Lange , and Feodorenstrasse in Meiningen are named after the Duchess . In 1866 the Duchess commissioned the Feodor Hospital in Bad Liebenstein, Saxony-Meiningen.
From their marriage Feodora had the following children:
- Ernst (1859–1941)
- ⚭ 1892 Katharina Jensen (1875–1945), “Freifrau von Saalfeld” 1892
- Friedrich (1861-1914)
- ⚭ 1889 Princess Adelheid zur Lippe-Biesterfeld (1870–1948)
- Viktor (* / † 1865)
- Ann Marie Koller: The Theater Duke. Georg II of Saxe-Meiningen and the German Stage. Stanford University Press, Stanford CA 1984, ISBN 0-8047-1196-8 , p. 53.
- Villa Feodora. City of Bad Liebenstein, archived from the original on February 4, 2015 ; Retrieved February 4, 2015 .
- Horst-Peter Wolff (Ed.): Biographical lexicon for the history of care. Volume 2. Urban & Fischer, Munich et al. 2001, ISBN 3-437-26670-5 , p. 83 ( digitized version ).
|SURNAME||Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Feodora too|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Feodora Victoria Adelheid too|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Duchess of Saxe-Meiningen|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 7, 1839|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 10, 1872|
|Place of death||Meiningen|