Heidermanns studied in Münster , Bonn and Cologne , where he completed his habilitation in 1996. His oeuvre encompasses German and Indo-European topics equally. He is a student of Elmar Seebold and Jürgen Untermann, among others . He was responsible for editing the Gothic grammar from the renowned collection of short grammars of Germanic dialects ; thus it stands in the tradition of the founder Wilhelm Braune and his successors Karl Helm and Ernst A. Ebbinghaus .
- Etymological dictionary of Germanic primary adjectives. de Gruyter, Berlin - New York 1993, ISBN 3-11-013666-X ( fee required )
- Gothic grammar. 20th edition. Max Niemeyer, Tübingen 2004, ISBN 3-484-10850-9 .
- Bibliography on Indo-European word research. Max Niemeyer, Tübingen 2005, ISBN 3-484-73062-5 .
- Old high German grammar. Vol. 1. Phonology and form theory. 16th edition. De Gruyter, Berlin - Boston 2018, ISBN 978-3-11-051510-7 .
- Official private homepage
- Literature by and about Frank Heidermanns in the catalog of the German National Library
- Official website at the Saxon Academy of Sciences in Leipzig
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Heidermanns, Frank Michael (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Indo-Europeanist and linguist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 1, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|