Friedrich II. (Baden, Margrave)
After the death of his father, Friedrich initially ruled the margraviate together with his brother Rudolf . The country was later divided. Friedrich received Baden-Baden and Eberstein , Rudolf received Pforzheim .
He married Agnes von Weinsberg's first marriage before October 16, 1312 († May 3, 1320). After her death, he married Margarete von Vaihingen († 1348) for the second time . He had the following children:
- Hermann († April 13, 1353) ∞ before June 3, 1341 Matilde von Vaihingen († April 13, 1381)?
- Agnes , († 1361), abbess in the Lichtenthal monastery
- Irmgard, nun in the Lichtenthal monastery
- Maria, nun in the Lichtenthal monastery
His son Hermann came from his first marriage; it is not certain from which marriage they come from the other children.
- See also
- Johann Christian Sachs : Introduction to the history of the Marggravschaft and the Marggravial old princely house of Baden . Second part. Lotter, Carlsruhe 1767, p. 86–111 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Regesta of the Margraves of Baden and Hachberg 1050-1515 , published by the Baden Historical Commission, edited by Richard Fester , first volume, Innsbruck 1900, pp. 58–91 online in the internet archive
- Johann Christian Sachs : Introduction to the history of the Marggravschaft and the Marggravlichen old princely house of Baden . Second part. Lotter, Carlsruhe 1767, p. 86 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
Margrave of Baden
together with Rudolf IV.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Friedrich II of Baden|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Margrave of Baden|
|DATE OF BIRTH||13th Century|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 22, 1333|