Rudolf IV (Baden)
He was the son of Hermann VII von Baden (1266–1291) and Agnes von Truhendingen († after 1309). After the death of his father, Rudolf initially ruled the margraviate together with his brother Friedrich . The country was later divided. Friedrich received Baden-Baden and Eberstein , Rudolf received Pforzheim . In 1322 Rudolf and his wife Luitgard had a hospital set up in the Pforzheim suburb. which they handed over to the Order of the Holy Spirit on September 24, 1323 and thus to the care of the Grüninger Heilig-Geist-Spital .
Rudolf IV married before February 28, 1318, his first marriage, Luitgard von Bolanden († 1324/25), sister of the Cistercian Anna von Bolanden ; second marriage, before February 18, 1326, Maria von Oettingen († June 10, 1369). The following children emerged from the second marriage:
- Friedrich III. of Baden (around 1327 - September 2, 1353)
- Rudolf V von Baden (* unknown; † 1361, married on August 26, 1347 Adelheid von Baden )
Maria von Öttingen became a Cistercian widow in the Lichtenthal monastery and through her the Psalter Codex Lichtenthal 37 , which is now in the Badische Landesbibliothek in Karlsruhe and originally belonged to Anna von Bolanden in the Kirschgarten monastery (Worms) , was probably brought there . Anna von Bolanden was the sister of the 1st wife of Margrave Rudolf IV.
- Johann Christian Sachs : Introduction to the history of the Marggravschaft and the Marggravial old princely house of Baden . Second part. Lotter, Carlsruhe 1767, p. 126–138 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Albert Krieger: Rudolf (Margrave of Baden) . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 29, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1889, pp. 523-525. - with comments on the other Rudolfs of the House of Baden
- Johann Christian Sachs : Introduction to the history of the Marggravschaft and the Marggravlichen old princely house of Baden . Second part. Lotter, Carlsruhe 1767, p. 86 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Landesarchiv BW, Findbuch 38: Baden-Durlach, 66. Pforzheim, No. 3281
- Gerhard Stamm: The manuscripts of the Badische Landesbibliothek in Karlsruhe , Volume 11 The manuscripts of Lichtenthal , Otto Harrassowitz Verlag, 1969, page 129, ISBN 3-447-02691-X ; Scan from the source
Margrave of Baden
together with Friedrich II.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Margrave of Baden|
|DATE OF BIRTH||13th Century|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 25, 1348|