Garðar Thór Cortes
Garðar Thór Cortes (born May 2, 1974 in Reykjavík ) is an Icelandic tenor and actor . The German-speaking public, he is best known as Nonni in the ZDF - Christmas series Nonni and Manni from 1988 as well as "Phantom" in the Hamburg musical Love Never Dies known.
Garðar comes from a very musical family, his mother is a pianist, his father is a well-known tenor and conductor and co-founder of Icelandic opera. At the age of 13 Garðar already gained TV experience in the ZDF Christmas series Nonni und Manni , but he was not aiming for a real acting career. His passion was and is music.
- from 1993 to 1997 he studied singing at his father's music college, Reykjavík School of Singing
- from 1997 to 1998 at the University for Performing Arts and Music in Vienna singing and cornet
- Private lessons with Professor André Orlowitz in Copenhagen
- from 2000 to 2002 studied at the Royal Academy of Music in London .
With his tenor he covers a wide range of operas, oratorios, musicals and pop music. His love is classical music, especially opera.
- 1988: Nonni and Manni (TV series)
- Gardar Thór Cortes in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- http://www.gardarcortes.de/ (German-speaking page / management)
|SURNAME||Garðar Thór Cortes|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Cortes, Garðar Thór|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Icelandic tenor and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 2nd 1974|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reykjavík|