In 1976 he received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale University . He received his PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) as a Doctor of Philosophy in Business. In 1980 he was appointed Assistant Professor at Princeton and in 1988 Full Professor of Economics. His research focuses on international trade, particularly the relationship between economic growth and trade, and the political economy of trade policy. According to RePEc, he is one of the 100 best economists in the world.
- 1984: Sloan Research Fellow
- 1997: Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2012: Bernhard Harms Prize from the Kiel Institute for the World Economy
together with Elhanan Helpman
- Innovation and Growth in the Global Economy . MIT Press, 1991.
- Special Interest Politics . MIT Press, 2001.
- personal homepage at Princeton University (English)
- Literature by and about Gene Grossman in the catalog of the German National Library
- Bernhard Harms Prize. (No longer available online.) Ifw-kiel.de , archived from the original on June 14, 2013 ; Retrieved June 15, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Grossman, Gene M .; Grossman, Gene Michael (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 11, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York City|