Ullrich completed an apprenticeship as an electrician from 1979 to 1982 and from 1983 to 1986 studied at the Hermsdorf Technical College with a degree as an electronics engineer. He then completed his 18-month military service with the NVA . After the fall of the Wall in the GDR , Ullrich started his own business in 1990.
Politics and party
Ullrich joined the FDP in 2014. In the same year, he became a member of the party's state executive in Thuringia and has been deputy state chairman since 2016. Since 2016, Ullrich has also been the state chairman of the Liberal Mittelstand Thuringia.
In the 2017 federal election he stood for the FDP in the constituency of Suhl - Schmalkalden-Meiningen - Hildburghausen - Sonneberg and entered the 19th German Bundestag via the state list of the FDP Thuringia . There he is a member of the Committee for the Affairs of the European Union , in which he has also been the chairman of his group since November 2019 . Ullrich was a member of the Petitions Committee until the end of 2019 and then became a member of the Economic and Energy Committee and the Regional Economic Policy and ERP Economic Plans subcommittee , where he was previously a deputy member. He is also vice-chairman of the Portugal - Spain parliamentary group .
Ullrich is a member of the non-partisan European Union Germany , which advocates a federal Europe and the European unification process. There he is deputy state chairman of the Europa-Union Thuringia.
Ullrich is Protestant, married, has two grown sons and lives in Floh-Seligenthal .
- Ullrich's website , accessed October 6, 2017.
- Biography at the German Bundestag , accessed on October 6, 2017.
- eight-page interview with Gerald Ullrich , accessed on November 20, 2018.
- Gerald Ullrich, FDP. In: bundestag.de. German Bundestag , accessed November 25, 2019 .
- State Board of the Europa Union Thuringia. In: europa-union-thueringen.de. Retrieved June 6, 2019 .
- About me. In: Ullrich's homepage. gullrich.abteilunge.fdpbt.de, accessed on October 6, 2017 .
- Gerald Ullrich. In: candidate database. tagesspiegel.de, accessed on October 6, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 23, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schmalkalden|