Gerhard Kaiser (artist)
Live and act
Kaiser studied from 1975 to 1980 at the University of Applied Arts Vienna , master class for painting and graphics with Oswald Oberhuber . He lives and works in Berndorf - St. Veit an der Triesting . His artistic concept is based on dealing with very different diverging and interlocking media (drawing, photography, scans, objects, printing and installation). The media communicate with each other within the work process. An assignment to classical techniques is not possible. Gerhard Kaiser's work is subject to a constant process of change, which through the very intricate media mix leads to space-consuming installations.
- 1976 "Book Objects", Gallery next St. Stephan, Vienna
- 1981 "Objects-Pictures-Graphics", Lower Austrian State Museum Vienna
- 1984 "New Art from the Depot", Niederösterreichisches Landhaus , Vienna
- 1985 “Leopoldi Variations”, Mazakarini House, Klosterneuburg
- 1986 “Drawings”, Beethovenhaus Baden
- 1988 "New Painting from Lower Austria", St. Pölten
- 1989 "60 days Austrian Museum of the 21st Century", University of Applied Arts in Vienna
- 1989 “Conversazione”, Künstlerhaus Graz
- 1991 "Figürlich", traveling exhibition of the Lower Austria Society for Art and Culture
- 1992 “Balancing Acts”, Kunsthalle Krems
- 2000 "Lust for Colors and Thoughts of Form", University of Applied Arts, Baden, Klagenfurt, Budapest, Vienna
- 2006 "Abstract", Lower Austrian Documentation Center for Modern Art, St Pölten
- 2007 “Four Positions”, Lower Austrian Documentation Center for Modern Art, St. Pölten
- 2007 “Fire”, Lower Austria State Exhibition, Waidhofen / Ybbs
- 2007 “The love of objects”, Nö-Landesmuseum
- 2009 "Sidewalk", gallery in the district administration of Melk
- 2009 “Cocooning”, Kunsthaus Mürz
- 2009 “Raumimpuls”, E. Urban Collection, Waidhofen / Ybbs
- 2010 "Grounding", Artothek Krems, Nö: "Go West", Center for Contemporary Art, Palais Liechtenstein, Feldkirch (with Richard Jurtitsch, Robert Kabas , Leopold Kogler and Franz Schwarzinger)
- 2011 “Artists from three countries”, South Bohemian Gallery, Budweis: “Missing link”, Kulturfenster-Kokoschka Center , Pöchlarn
- 2013 “Graurand”, Palais Liechtenstein, “Drawing-Drawing”, Künstlerhaus Vienna
- 2014 “Mapping the World”, Lower Austrian Society for Art and Culture
- 2015 "Interaction - Change of Effect", Documentation Center for Modern Art in St. Pölten, Lower Austria
- 1981 Wolfgang Hilger, In: Gerhard Kaiser, Objects - Pictures - Graphics. Catalog for the exhibition in the Lower Austrian State Museum. Vienna 1981. (Catalog of the Lower Austrian State Museum, new series 109) / Manfred Wagner, In: Gerhard Kaiser, Objects - Pictures - Graphics. Catalog for the exhibition in the Lower Austrian State Museum. Vienna 1981. (Catalog of the Lower Austrian State Museum, New Series 109) / Baden Art Market. Edited by the Lower Austria Society for Art and Culture. Vienna 1981.
- 1986 Joachim Rössl, Realities. Gerhard Kaiser in self-statement and work. In: Gerhard Kaiser, Gerhard Kaiser. Catalog for the exhibition in the Karmeliterhof St. Pölten. Vienna 1986. (Catalog series of the Lower Austrian Documentation Center for Modern Art No. 59/86) / 1986 Gerhard Kaiser, Phantasiekörper. Catalog for the exhibition in the NöArt gallery. Vienna 1986.
- 1987 Joseph Paul Hodin , Gerhard Kaiser's color explosions interpret Dante. In: Gerhard Kaiser, To Dante. Catalog for the exhibition in the Blau-Gelben Galerie Niederösterreich. Vienna 1987. (Catalog of the Niederösterreichisches Landesmuseum. New series 198) / Winfried Stelzer, The Truth of Dreams. On Gerhard Kaiser's arguments with Dante's Commedia. In: Gerhard Kaiser, To Dante. Catalog for the exhibition in the Blau - Gelben Galerie Niederösterreich. Vienna 1987. (= catalog of the Lower Austrian State Museum. New series 198)
- 1989 Conversazione. Exhibition of the Professional Association of Visual Artists Austria. Edited by the Stubenbastei Gallery. Catalog for the exhibition in the Künstlerhaus Graz. Vienna 1989.
- 1991 Otmar Rychlik, The idea of the material. In: Gerhard Kaiser, sculptures. Catalog for the exhibition in the art dealer Cajetan Grill, Vienna 1991 / Otmar Rychlik, In: Alles rennet, rettet, flee. Catalog for the exhibition in the Freiberger Gallery. Mürzzuschlag 1991 / Otmar Rychlik, In: Figürlich. From private collections in Lower Austria; Lower Austria Society for Art and Culture 1991.
- 1992 Wolfgang Pauser, plastic - the fabric of art. In: Art Press No. 2 / April 1992 / Otmar Rychlik, On the Track. In: Gerhard Kaiser, slides. Catalog for the exhibition in the Menotti Gallery, Baden near Vienna. 1992 / Dr. Otmar Rychlik, card accompanying the exhibition “Foils” in the Menotti Gallery, Baden near Vienna. 1992.
- 1993 Doris Krumpl, card accompanying the work of Gerhard Kaiser. 1993.
- 1994 Manfred Wagner. Card accompanying the work of Gerhard Kaiser. 1994.
- 1995 Maria Rennhofer, spending pictures. In: Gerhard Kaiser, catalog for the exhibition in the Galerie Menotti, Baden near Vienna 1995. (Parnass, 15th year, issue 2/1995)
- 2006 15 years of blue, yellow Weistrach. Edited by Blau Gelben Weistrach. Amstetten 2006.
- 2007 Leopold Kogler, On the work of Gerhard Kaiser. In: Gerhard Kaiser, Rhizome. Catalog for the exhibition in the Lower Austria Documentation Center for Modern Art in St. Pölten and in the blue-yellow Weistrach. 2007 / Dr. Otmar Rychlik, Gerhard Kaiser. In: Alexandra Schantl (ed.), The love of objects. Aspects of Contemporary Sculpture - The Love of Objects. Aspects of contemporary Sculpture, catalog for the exhibition in the Lower Austrian State Museum. Vienna, New York: Springer Verlag 2007.
- 2009 Alexandra Schantl, On the standstill of time. In Gerhard, Kaiser, Grounding; Catalog for the exhibitions in the Artothek in Krems and in the Palais Liechtenstein in Feldkirch. Vienna 2009.
- 2013 Elisabeth Voggeneder, wandering around and overflowing. In Elisabeth Voggeneder and Robert Zahornicky , artists in the industrial district. Stein Verlag, Bad Traunstein, 2013
- 2014 Hartwig Knack, Images are always by your side. In 4muerz2beat14; Catalog for the exhibition at the Kunsthaus Mürz (with Leopold Kogler, Manfred Wakolbinger and others) / Theresia Hauenfels, about Gerhard Kaiser. In Theresia Hauenfels and Markus Rösle, because art is created. Residenz Verlag, Salzburg. 2014
- 2015 Gerhard Kaiser / Peter Fichtinger, When is Now, Steinverlag GmbH, 3632 Bad Traunstein, Lower Austria, ISBN 978-3-901392-54-2 .
- Homepage of the artist
- Künstlerhaus Vienna
- Art Movement - Gerhard Kaiser, OKTO TV
- Book presentation "When is Now", City Museum St. Pölten
- Kaiser, Gerhard. In: General Artist Lexicon. KG Saur, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 24, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Vöslau|