Graham Annable (born June 1, 1970 in Sault Ste. Marie , Ontario , Canada ) is a Canadian comic book writer and animator . He currently lives in Portland , Oregon . His best-known works are the comic Grickle and the anthology Hickee , both published by Alternative Comics . Annable is also active in television, film, and video games.
Annable grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. He attended Sheridan College in Oakville , Ontario, where he trained as an animator. After graduating from school, he worked for the video game company LucasArts and was the animator at full throttle and chief animator on the later Sam & Max Hit the Road successor Sam & Max: Freelance Police . He worked as a comic book writer and illustrator for Chuck Jones , Nickelodeon and Walt Disney Productions . He worked for a year as creative director for Telltale Games , to which he is still associated today and for which he realized the game Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent and was involved as an animator on a number of titles.
He then moved to Portland, where he worked as a screenwriter on Coraline (2009) and co-directed The Boxtrolls . For this he received a nomination for the best animated film at the 2015 Academy Awards .
- Grickle. Alternative Comics, Gainesville, FL 2001, OCLC 473282934 .
- Further Grickle. Alternative Comics, Gainesville, FL 2003, ISBN 1-891867-55-5 .
- with others: Hickee. Several volumes. Alternative Comics, Gainesville, FL 2003-2008.
- Stickleback. Alternative Comics, Gainesville, FL 2005, ISBN 1-891867-80-6 .
- Captain Insomniac. In: Project: Superior. AdHouse Books, Richmond, VA 2005, ISBN 0-9721794-8-8 .
- Flight. Volume 5: Evidence. Villard Books, New York 2008, ISBN 978-0-345-50589-7 .
- The book of Grickle. Dark Horse Books, Milwaukie, Or. 2010, ISBN 978-1-59582-430-1 .
Video games (selection)
- 1995: full throttle
- 1995: The Dig
- 1996: Afterlife
- 1997: The Curse of Monkey Island (2D animation)
- 1997: Outlaws
- 2002: Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- 2003: RTX Red Rock
- 2005: Bone: Out from Boneville (Director)
- 2006: Bone: Cow Race (Director)
- 2006: CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder (Director)
- 2006: Sam & Max: Season One
- 2010: Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
- 2011: Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent 2
- 1995: Goofy - Der Film (A Goofy Movie)
- 2009: Coraline (storyboard)
- 2014: The Boxtrolls (The boxing Rolls) (as a director)
- Futureal Studios biography . Archived from the original on February 21, 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2008.
- Marty Mulrooney: INTERVIEW - In Conversation With Graham Annable (cartoonist / animator / illustrator) . Alternative Magazines Online. June 3, 2010. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- MobyGames developer bio. . Moby Games. 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2008.
- Marek Bronstring: Graham Annable of Telltale INTERVIEW . Adventure Gamers. February 23, 2005. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- Hickee. In: indyworld.com. Alternative Comics, accessed February 29, 2016 (American English).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian comic book writer, animator and film director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 1, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sault Ste. Marie , Ontario , Canada|