Crouch grew up in Ballarat , Australia , where his parents ran a grocery store, and attended Ballarat Clarendon College . He was a trained accountant. He spent the summer in the northern hemisphere in Germany.
Over 1500 m he was fifth at the British Commonwealth Games in Christchurch in 1974 and eighth at the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal. At the Pacific Conference Games in 1977 he won silver over this distance. He was twice Australian champion over 1500 m (1969, 1978) and once over 5000 m (1976).
Most recently he lived with his wife in Lengenfeld in the Vogtland . He died of cancer in the last week of November 2019.
- 1000 m : 2: 18.4 min, July 2nd 1975, Milan
- 1500 m: 3: 34.22 min, February 2, 1974, Christchurch
- 1 mile : 3: 55.59 min, July 1, 1974, Stockholm
- 3000 m : 7: 55.8 min, August 15, 1973, Lyngby
- 5000 m: 13: 32.4 min, February 4th 1979, Melbourne
- Graham Crouch in the database of Athletics Australia (English)
- Graham Crouch in the database of trackfield.brinkster.net (English)
- Graham Crouch in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- Graham Crouch: Not Landy, not Elliott, but pretty darned good. In: runnerstribe.com. Retrieved December 4, 2019 .
- Melanie Whelan: Athletics loses tenacious 'little Australian' Graham "Gruffy" Crouch. November 30, 2019, accessed December 4, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Crouch, Graham Douglas (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Australian medium and long distance runner|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 11, 1948|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 28, 2019|
|Place of death||Germany|