Hans Jochen Boecker
Hans Jochen Boecker (born March 28, 1928 in Bernkastel-Kues ; † February 13, 2020 in Wuppertal ) was a German Protestant theologian . From 1968 to 1993 he was full professor for the Old Testament at the Church University of Wuppertal .
Boecker, son of the Wupperfeld pastor Ernst Edmund Boecker (1893–1976) and his wife Martha Luise Kuhlen (1899–1984), did military service from 1944 to 1946, at the end of the war he was taken prisoner. After graduating from the Wilhelm-Dörpfeld High School , he studied Protestant theology in Wuppertal, Tübingen , Göttingen and Bonn , where he in 1959 with a thesis on forms of speech of Israel's right to life at Hans Walter Wolff for Doctor of theology doctorate was. He took the first theological exam in 1955 and the second theological exam in 1958. In 1959 he became a lecturer in Hebrew and lecturer in the Old Testament at the Church of Wuppertal. There he was appointed to the chair for the Old Testament and Biblical Hebrew in 1968. In 1973 he was given a teaching position for the Old Testament at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal , which Boecker appointed honorary professor in 1984. In 1993, Hans Jochen Boecker retired.
Boecker was chairman of the Evangelical Biblical Works in the Rhineland from 1990 to 2005 , and had been a member of the board since 1981.
Hans Jochen Boecker was married to the theologian Erika Schumacher since 1958; the marriage resulted in two daughters.
- Speech forms of legal life in the Old Testament. Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 1964, 2nd edition 1970, ISBN 3-7887-0006-8 (at the same time: theol. Diss. UdT: Speech forms of the Israelite legal life ).
- The judgment of the beginnings of the kingship in the Deuteronomic sections of the 1st Samuel book. A contribution to the problem of the "Deuteronomistic History". Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 1969.
- Law and Law in the Old Testament and in the Old Orient. Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 1976, ISBN 3-7887-0502-7 , 2nd edition 1984, ISBN 3-7887-0760-7 ; in English: London 1980, ISBN 0-281-03792-2 .
- Old Testament (with the collaboration of Hans-Jürgen Hermisson , Johann Michael Schmidt , Ludwig Schmidt ) (= Neukirchener Arbeitsbuch ). Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 1983, ISBN 3-7887-0703-8 , 5th edition 1996, ISBN 3-7887-1545-6 .
- Lamentations (= Zurich Bible Commentaries AT , 21). Theological Publishing House, Zurich 1985, ISBN 3-290-14738-X .
- Genesis 25: 12-37: 1. Isaak and Jakob (= Zurich Bible Commentaries AT , 1.3). Theological Publishing House, Zurich 1992, ISBN 3-290-10862-7 .
- Direction to life. Law and Law in the Old Testament. German Bible Society, Stuttgart 2000, ISBN 3-438-06214-3 .
- “God intended to do it well.” Theological reflections on the Old Testament (= Biblical-Theological Studies , 54). Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 2003 ISBN 3-7887-1942-7 .
- The Joseph story (Genesis, Genesis 37–50). With an appendix on the history of the Tamar (38.1–30) and the tribal sayings (49.1–28). Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 2003, ISBN 3-7887-1943-5 .
- The praise of the Creator in the Psalms. Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 2008, ISBN 978-3-7887-2316-3 .
- Peter Mommer (ed.): God's right as living space. Festschrift for Hans Jochen Boecker . Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 1993, ISBN 3-7887-1457-3 (for the 65th birthday).
- Thomas Wagner et al. (Ed.): Contexts. Biographical and historical research intersections of Old Testament science. Festschrift for Hans Jochen Boecker on his 80th birthday. Neukirchener Verlag, Neukirchen 2008, ISBN 978-3-7887-2284-5 .
- Alexander B. Ernst: Mourning for Hans Jochen Boecker. In: evangelisch-wuppertal.de . February 14, 2020, accessed February 15, 2020 .
- Farewell after 25 years. In: ekir.de . July 14, 2015, accessed February 15, 2020 .
|SURNAME||Boecker, Hans Jochen|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 28, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bernkastel-Kues|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 13, 2020|
|Place of death||Wuppertal|