Henrik Schwarz (born May 31, 1972 in Bergatreute near Ravensburg ) is a German DJ and musician in the electronic music scene.
Live and act
Schwarz combined acid jazz with soul and funk in his early productions . From 1992 he had his first appearances outside of Baden-Württemberg.
In 1995 he met Juju Christian Treuter and then worked in the record store Future Jam . He was first exposed to Detroit techno and Chicago house . In 1999 he completed a graphic design degree and moved to Berlin in 2000. In addition to his work as a graphic designer, he released his first single in 2003. At the same time he became better known as a remixer and was an integral part of the juju sessions in Friedrichshafen.
Between 2002 and 2019, Schwarz published over 200 of his own pieces and remixes by artists such as Coldcut, Omar & Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Coldplay, Mary J. Blige, Dennis Ferrer, London Grammar, Mari Boine, Jazzanova, James Brown, Jackson 5 , DJ Hell, Detroit Experiment, Amadou & Mariam and many more
In 2006 he produced a compilation for the renowned DJ-Kicks compilation ( Studio! K7 ). This edited mix cemented its reputation in the commercial electronic lounge music scene. In 2007 one of his appearances was released as an album entitled Henrik Schwarz Live . Schwarz now only played digitally with a powerbook and midi controllers.
For the 2009 mix album The Grandfather Paradox and various singles, Schwarz worked with musicians Âme and Dixon . The four musicians also appear under the project names Innervisions Orchestra and A Critical Mass .
With Frank Wiedemann he founds the electronic improvisation duo Schwarzmann.
In 2011 he formed a duo with jazz pianist Bugge Wesseltoft , which later expanded with bassist Dan Berglund ( est ).
In 2014 Defected released the compilation "Henrik Schwarz - House Masters" with collected pieces and remixes.
In 2014, Schwarz wrote music for the production "Masse", the coproduction of the Berlin Club Berghain and the Berlin State Ballet. In the same year the album Trialogue with Henrik Schwarz on the laptop, Bugge Wesseltoft on the piano and Dan Berglund on the bass was released.
Since 2012 the musician has been working with classical orchestras and the merging of classical and electronic music. A first result is the 2015 album Instruments, which was recorded in Tokyo with the Tokyo Secret Orchestra. First concerts with music for orchestra take place e.g. B. with the German Chamber Orchestra in the Philharmonie in Berlin, in the Concertgebouw Amsterdam, the Tonhalle Zurich and in the Tsukiji Honganji Temple in Tokyo.
In 2014 he worked with the painter Norbert Bisky on the music for the installation "Centrifuge" for his exhibition in the Kunsthalle Rostock.
In 2015 the cooperation with the Metropole Orkest Amsterdam begins under the direction of Jules Buckley. Schwarz is writing ten new orchestral pieces on behalf of the orchestra, which will be premiered on October 19, 2016 at the opening of the Amsterdam Dance Event. In 2018 the album "Scripted Orkestra" will be released, conducted by Jules Buckley.
In 2016, Schwarz recorded a new version of Claude Debussy's String Quartet for Decca Records. Apple used the piece for the worldwide advertising campaign for the launch of the iPad Pro.
For the reprint of the "Literary Quartet" on ZDF, Schwarz wrote the theme music.
He has released on record labels such as Sunday Music, Moodmusic, Motown, Sony, Universal,! K7, Peppermint Jam, Ninjatune, Jazzland, Ostgut Ton, Mule Musiq, Innervisions , Running Back, Defected, BBE, Zeppelin Recordings , Diamond & Pearls, Watergate Records , Strut, and much more.
- 2005: Henrik Schwarz - Henrik Schwarz Live (Sunday Music)
- 2006: Henrik Schwarz - DJ-Kicks (Studio! K7)
- 2011: Wesseltoft , Schwarz - Duo ( Jazzland Recordings )
- 2014: Wesseltoft, Schwarz, Berglund - Trialogue (Jazzland Recordings)
- 2015: Henrik Schwarz - Instruments (Music On Vinyl Classical)
- 2018: Henrik Schwarz & Metropole Orkest- Scripted Orkestra (7K!)
Singles & EPs
- 2002: Henrik Schwarz - Supravision EP (Moodmusic)
- 2003: Henrik Schwarz - Chicago (Moodmusic)
- 2003: Morten Cargo & At Ease / Henrik Schwarz - Farewell Causality / Jimis (Diamonds & Pearls Music)
- 2003: Henrik Schwarz - Welcome to Sunday Music (Sunday Music)
- 2005: Henrik Schwarz & Juju Christian - Jeff / Feel Good (Zeppelin Recordings)
- 2005: Henrik Schwarz - Leave My Head Alone Brain (Sunday Music)
- 2006: Henrik Schwarz - Imagination Limitation (Studio! K7)
- 2006: Ricardo Villalobos / Henrik Schwarz - Silverbird Casino EP1 (Diamonds & Pearls Music)
- 2006: Henrik Schwarz / Âme / Dixon feat. Derrick L. Carter - Where We At EP (Innervisions)
- 2006: Henrik Schwarz - Leave My Head Alone Brain (Rmxs) (Sunday Music)
- 2007: Henrik Schwarz - Walk Music (Moodmusic)
- 2008: Henrik Schwarz & Amampondo - I Exist Because of You Versions (Innervisions)
- 2008: Henrik Schwarz / Âme / Dixon - DPOMB EP (Innervisions)
- 2008: Henrik Schwarz & Kuniyuki Featuring Yoshihiro Tsukahara - The Session (Mule Musiq)
- 2010: Henrik Schwarz / Âme / Dixon - A Critical Mass Live EP (Innervisions)
- 2010: Henrik Schwarz and Kuniyuki - Once Again (Mule Musiq)
- 2013: Henrik Schwarz - Take Words In Return (Watergate Records)
- 2013: Kuniyuki Takahashi Feat. Henrik Schwarz - The Session 2 (Mule Musiq)
- 2014: Henrik Schwarz - Masse Remixes III (Ostgut Ton)
- 2015: Ebo Taylor / Pat Thomas / Henrik Schwarz - Ene Nyame 'A' Mensuro (Strut)
- 2017: Henrik Schwarz - Not Also You (Running Back)
- Artist page by Henrik Schwarz
- Henrik Schwarz at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German DJ and musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 31, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bergatreute near Ravensburg|