|Height :||683 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||10 (1987)|
|Postal code :||82390|
|Area code :||08801|
Location of Hohenkasten in Bavaria
Hohenkasten from the east
Hohenkasten (formerly Erhardsberg / Erhartsberg ) is a district of the municipality of Eberfing in the Upper Bavarian district of Weilheim-Schongau . The wasteland is about four kilometers southeast of the Eberfinger town center.
Hohenkasten consists of the farm (including the inn) and the associated barn, the beer garden, the local chapel and a residential building that contains a holiday apartment . The WM 1 district road runs between the inn and the beer garden .
The wasteland was founded in 1445 as a farm that was paid for by the Ettal monastery . This was called "Erhardsberg" or "Erhartsberg". In 1471 Ettal had to cede it to the Benediktbeuern monastery . The latter set up a caste office there in 1612 , so that the farmers in the area no longer had to travel the rest of the way to Benediktbeuern. For this purpose, a large barn was built in Erhardsberg to store the hay and straw that had been handed over. Because of its exposed, high location, Erhardsberg was henceforth called "Hoher Kasten", which later changed to its current name.
Agriculture and forestry are still practiced today.
At the time of the caste office in Erhardsberg / Hohenkasten, the retreat there was popular with carters , farmers and travelers. Benefiting from the location on the connecting road between Weilheim and Bad Tölz as well as the available overnight accommodation for travelers and their horses, the inn has been in operation since the end of the 15th century. Today the inn and beer garden are open from December to September on weekends and public holidays.
(from 1885 only residential buildings)
|1864||13||3 + 1 church|
- Hohenkasten in the location database of the Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online . Bavarian State Library
- Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 158 ( digitized version ).
- Apartment. In: Hohenkasten.de. Retrieved July 6, 2018 .
- history. In: Hohenkasten.de. Retrieved July 6, 2018 .
- Restaurant. In: Hohenkasten.de. Retrieved July 6, 2018 .
- Adolph von Schaden: Topographical-statistical manual for the Isar circle in the Kingdom of Baiern . 1825, p. 281 (listed as “Erhardsberg”; digitized in the Google book search).
- Joseph Heyberger, Chr. Schmitt, v. Wachter: Topographical-statistical manual of the Kingdom of Bavaria with an alphabetical local dictionary . In: K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Bavaria. Regional and folklore of the Kingdom of Bavaria . tape 5 . Literary and artistic establishment of the JG Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, Munich 1867, Sp. 330 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb10374496-4 ( digitized version ).
- Kgl. Statistical Bureau (ed.): Complete list of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to districts, administrative districts, court districts and municipalities, including parish, school and post office affiliation ... with an alphabetical general register containing the population according to the results of the census of December 1, 1875 . Adolf Ackermann, Munich 1877, 2nd section (population figures from 1871, cattle figures from 1873), Sp. 372 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00052489-4 ( digital copy ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Localities directory of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to government districts, administrative districts, ... then with an alphabetical register of locations, including the property and the responsible administrative district for each location. LIV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1888, Section III, Sp. 354 ( digitized version ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Directory of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria, with alphabetical register of places . LXV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1904, Section II, Sp. 353 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Localities directory for the Free State of Bavaria according to the census of June 16, 1925 and the territorial status of January 1, 1928 . Issue 109 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1928, Section II, Sp. 365 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria - edited on the basis of the census of September 13, 1950 . Issue 169 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1952, DNB 453660975 , Section II, Sp. 342 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria . Issue 335 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1973, DNB 740801384 , p. 63 ( digitized version ).
- List of monuments for Eberfing (PDF) at the Bavarian State Office for Monument Preservation. P. 2, accessed on July 6, 2018 (PDF; 372 kB).