Live and act
After completing his studies in veterinary medicine (Dr. med. Vet.) In Vienna , he joined the Linz municipal service as an official veterinarian. He discovered his love for music while still a student. Since the mid-1950s, Stadlmayr worked as a freelancer for OÖN in the culture, film, travel and sport department. From 1967 to 1985 he was an SPÖ municipal councilor in Linz. 1967 began his seven-year commitment to the association for the construction of the Brucknerhaus. Since the founding of the Linz event company (LIVA) in 1971, he was its managing director until 1987. Since the Brucknerhaus in Linz opened in 1974, he was its artistic director until 1987. He was also responsible for opening the LIVA sports hall in 1974 and the tennis hall in 1976. Stadlmayr initiated the introduction of the Bruckner Festival in 1974, the foundation of the Anton Bruckner Institute Linz and, together with Hannes Leopoldseder, the introduction of Ars Electronica in 1979.
Stadlmayr died on June 18, 1998 in Linz.
- Golden Cross of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria (1980)
- Culture medal of the city of Linz
- Horst Stadlmayr: Studies on the usability of the uropepsin test in rats and guinea pigs. Dissertation at the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna 1953.
- Ernst Kubin / Horst Stadlmayr: Ars Electronica: 18. – 21. September 1979 as part of the International Bruckner Festival '79. Linz 1979.
- Karl Gerbel: 20 years of Brucknerhaus. Linz 1994.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian cultural manager and first artistic director of the Brucknerhaus in Linz|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 18, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 18, 1998|
|Place of death||Linz|