Jürgen Uhde (* 1913 in Hamburg ; † 1991 in Bad Soden am Taunus ) was a German pianist , piano teacher and music writer. He was a professor for piano at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Stuttgart .
Jürgen Uhde's grave is in the St. Peter cemetery in Bietigheim-Bissingen .
Jürgen Uhdes' son, Michael Uhde, is professor of piano and chamber music at the Karlsruhe University of Music .
- Gerhard Eckle
- Helmut Lachenmann
- Dieter Weber
- Michael Wendeberg
- Michael Uhde
- The service of music (lecture given in the Stuttgart “Privatstudiengesellschaft” in November 1949). Zollion-Zürich 1950 (= Theological Studies. A series of publications, edited by Karl Barth, 30)
- Bartók, Mikrokosmos: Playing instructions and explanations. An introduction to the work and its pedagogical intentions. On the reassessment of Béla Bartók's microcosm. Gustav Bosse Verlag, Regensburg, 1952, ISBN 3-764-92333-4 ; 2nd edition 1988.
- Béla Bartók . Kolloquium Verlag, Berlin, 1959 (= heads of the 20th century, 11).
- Prism of contemporary music. Trends and Problems in Contemporary Creation , ed. by Joachim Ernst Berendt and Jürgen Uhde. Furche, Hamburg 1959
- Beethoven's piano music . 3 volumes. Reclam-Verlag, Stuttgart, 1968–1974 (and more often), ISBN 3-15-018958-6 .
- [together with Renate Werner] Thinking and playing. Studies on a theory of musical representation . Bärenreiter-Verlag, Kassel, 1988 (2nd edition 1990).
- [together with Renate Wieland] Research practice. Ways of instrumental learning. About the performer and the body as an instrument of music . Bärenreiter-Verlag, Kassel, 2002.
- Literature by and about Jürgen Uhde in the catalog of the German National Library
- Applied musical thinking. Moritz Chelius with a portrait of Jürgen Uhde on October 21, 2013 on swr.de.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musicologist, pianist, university teacher and piano teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||1991|
|Place of death||Bad Soden am Taunus|