Jean-François Quint is a French mathematician who deals with dynamics of groups concerned. He worked in the Laboratoire Analyze, Géométrie et Applications (LAGA) of the Institut Galilée of the University of Paris XIII and has been at the University of Bordeaux since 2012 .
He studied at the École normal supérieure de Lyon and received his doctorate in 2001 from Yves Benoist at the École normal supérieure (ENS) in Paris (Thèse de Doctorat: Sous-groupes discrets des groupes de Lie semi-simples réels et p-adiques ). Since 2002 (at that time at the “Institut Camille Jordan” of the École Centrale de Lyon ) he has been the Chargé de Recherche of the Center national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS). Since 2005 he has been in the Ergodic Theory and Dynamic Systems group at LAGA.
In 2011 he received the Clay Research Award with Yves Benoit . In the laudation, “her spectacular work on stationary dimensions and closed orbits for the effects of non-Abelian groups on homogeneous spaces ” was highlighted, and especially her proof of a conjecture by Hillel Fürstenberg . The collaboration between Benoist and Quint in this area began in 2007.
- Mesures de Patterson-Sullivan en rang supérieur. Geom. Funct. Anal. 12 (2002), no. 4, 776-809.
- with Benoist: Mesures stationnaires et fermés invariants des espaces homogènes , part 1,2, Comptes Rendus Mathematiques Acad. Sci., Volume 347, 2009, pp. 9-13, Volume 349, 2011, pp. 341-345 and Annals of Mathematics, Volume 174, 2011, pp. 1111-1162
- with Benoist: Random walks on finite volume homogeneous spaces , Inventiones Mathematicae, Volume 187, 2012, pp. 37–59
- with Benoist: Stationary measures and invariant subsets of homogeneous spaces (II) . J. Amer. Math. Soc. 26 (2013), no. 3, 659-734.
- with Benoist: Stationary measures and invariant subsets of homogeneous spaces (III) . Ann. of Math. (2) 178 (2013), no. 3, 1017-1059.
- Doctoral theses at the ENS
- Laudation Clay Research Award ( Memento from November 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|