John Farrington (athlete)
The following year he became the Australian marathon champion. In 1970 he defended this title, won the Hamilton Marathon and finished fifth in the Fukuoka Marathon in 2:12:59 h.
In 1971 he ran the second fastest time of the year at the Australian Championship behind Derek Clayton with 2:12:14 h, defended his title in Hamilton and finished sixth in Fukuoka. The following year he won the Košice marathon and again ran the second fastest time of the year in Fukuoka behind Frank Shorter with 2:12:01 h.
In 1973 he became champion of New South Wales with the annual world record of 2:11:13 h . In 1974 he was fifth at the British Commonwealth Games in Christchurch , defended his New South Wales Championship and was Australian champion. The following year he was the fourth time Australian champion in the marathon.
- 10,000 m: 29: 16.2 min, February 15, 1970
- Marathon: 2:11:13 h, July 14, 1973, Sydney
- John Farrington in the database of World Athletics (English)
- John Farrington in the database of Athletics Australia (English)
- Athlete portrait at the ARRS
- John Farrington in the database of trackfield.brinkster.net (English)
- John Farrington in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Farrington, John Allan|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||australian marathon runner|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 2, 1942|