|Rajong municipality :||Kelmė|
|Coordinates :||55 ° 38 ′ N , 22 ° 56 ′ E|
|Community area :||1,705 km²|
|Inhabitants (place) :||10,208 (2008)|
|Inhabitant (municipality) :||38,608|
|Population density :||23 inhabitants per km²|
|Time zone :||EET (UTC + 2)|
|Telephone code :||(+370) 427|
|Postal code :||86143|
|Mayor :||Kostas Arvasevičius
|Postal address :||Vytauto Didžiojo g. 58
Lithuania , located on the Kražantė river . It is located on the main road Sovetsk - Šiauliai - Riga , which bypasses the town in the west and no longer passes the center.Kelmė (German Kelm , Polish Kielmy ) is a town and a district in
The place was first mentioned in 1295 and received city rights in the 16th century.
- The Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary was built from 1901 to 1912 by Karl Eduard Strandmann in neo-Gothic style.
- The evangelical reformed church was built in 1615 and rebuilt after a fire in 1767.
- The Kelmė Regional Museum is located in the Kelmė Manor (built in 1780 and rebuilt in 1892)
- - Wartburgkreis , Thuringia - the partnership at the district level has existed since 2003
- - Lienen , North Rhine-Westphalia
- - St. Peter Hinsbeck parish (Nettetal)
- Eimantas Grakauskas (* 1947), lawyer, agricultural lawyer and politician
- Kęstutis Masiulis (* 1957), politician and university professor
- Visvaldas Nekrašas (* 1958), politician
- Vilma Martinkaitienė (* 1966), politician
- Artūras Visockas (* 1968), politician and entrepreneur
- Monika Povilaitytė (* 1994), beach volleyball player
Commons : Kelmė - collection of images, videos and audio files
- ↑ Archived copy ( Memento of the original from May 18, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.