Klaus-Dieter Eichler (born September 17, 1952 in Gernrode am Harz ) is a German philosopher who specializes in ancient philosophy . He has been teaching as a professor at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz since 2002 .
From 1971 to 1976 Eichler completed a diploma course in Marxist-Leninist philosophy at the Karl Marx University in Leipzig. His dissertation "The Development of Socratic and Early Platonic Philosophy" in 1978 was supervised by Helmut Seidel . Additional studies took him to Moscow for two semesters in 1985 at the Academy of Sciences of the USSR . In 1987 he presented his habilitation thesis "The Genesis of Early Greek Philosophy" (chief reviewer Helmut Seidel). His habilitation took place in 1989 at the University of Leipzig, where he - with interruptions - worked in various positions until 2002 (focus on ethics , didactics and ancient philosophy). In 2002 he accepted a professorship for ancient philosophy and its reception from modern times to the present at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz. From 1990 to 1997 Eichler was also chairman of the Leipzig Society for Philosophy and Culture.
His research subjects include the philosophy of antiquity with a focus on ethics, the philosophy of friendship and the philosophy in the German Democratic Republic .
- The Formation of Socratic and Early Platonic Philosophy . Diss. A, Leipzig 1978.
- The genesis of early Greek philosophy . Diss. B, Leipzig 1987.
- "Hope can be disappointed". Ernst Bloch in Leipzig. Documented and commented by Volker Caysa , Petra Caysa, Elke Uhl and K.-D. Eichler. Hain, Frankfurt am Main 1992. ISBN 3-445-08573-0 .
- Russian philosophy in the 20th century (edited with Ulrich Johannes Schneider ). Leipziger Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 1996. ISBN 3-931922-00-6 .
- On the everyday history of philosophy in Leipzig (with Ulrich Johannes Schneider). Leipziger Universitätsverlag, Leipzig 2005. ISBN 3-86583-029-3 .
- Philosophy of friendship . Ed., Reclam, Leipzig 1999 (2nd edition 2000). ISBN 3-379-01669-1 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German philosopher with the research area of ancient philosophy|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th September 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gernrode am Harz|