|Street in Berlin|
|former border crossing on Klemkestrasse|
|Hist. Names||Schönholzer Strasse (around 1900 – around 1904), Schönholzer Weg (around 1904–1937), Felseneckstrasse (1937–1947)|
|Connecting roads||Alt-Reinickendorf, Emmentaler Strasse,|
|Cross streets||Street in front of Schönholz, Sommerstrasse, Büchsenweg, Armbrustweg, Lampesteig, Am Stand, Breitkopfstrasse, Residenzstrasse|
|Buildings||Horst-Frank Bridge, Columbus Primary School , Paddenpuhl housing estate , St. Marien , Alt-Reinickendorf 61 & 62 Klemkestraße 1 & 2 Kopenhagener Straße 2 Residenzstraße 1 & 2 & 154 & 155 & 156|
|User groups||Public transport, pedestrians, bicycles|
The Klemkestraße is a street in Berlin-Reinickendorf . It is named after the worker and victim of the Nazi movement Fritz Klemke . It leads from the street in front of Schönholz to the west through the S-Bahn line of the Berlin Northern Railway to Reinickendorf , the former border strip past Klemkepark , where it separates from Emmentaler Straße in a curve. From there, it continues to the Columbus Elementary School through the Padenpuhl settlement , where it briefly runs two streets with a green median to the St. Marien Church . There it finally flows through the transversely running Residenzstrasse, where it passes various listed tenement houses; from Kolpingplatz it continues as Alt-Reinickendorf Street .
From 1900 to around 1904 called Schönholzer Straße it was called Schönholzer Weg until 1937 . Until the border shift in 1938, the entire street belonged to Reinickendorf, today the eastern part is in the Pankow district. From May 20, 1937 to July 31, 1947 it was called Felseneckstrasse , until it was renamed after Fritz Klemke, who was murdered in an SA attack . Between 1961 and 1989 the road was interrupted due to the Berlin Wall. A memorial plaque was placed on the S-Bahn bridge for Horst Frank , who was shot there by GDR border guards on April 29, 1962. The bridge on which the border ran was renamed the Horst Frank Bridge in 2013 .
- List, map, database / Landesdenkmalamt Berlin. Retrieved April 25, 2020 .
- Felseneckstrasse . In: Street name lexicon of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein
- Klemkestrasse. In: Street name lexicon of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein (near Kaupert )
- Klemkestrasse, Berlin-Niederschönhausen, Breitkopfbecken, Schönholzer Heide. In: dein-plan.de. Retrieved April 25, 2020 .
- Frank, Horst. In: Chronicle of the Wall. Retrieved April 25, 2020 .
- Horst-Frank-Bridge, Berlin-Reinickendorf, Klemkestrasse. In: dein-plan.de. Retrieved April 25, 2020 (bridge).