Konrad Küster (musicologist)
Konrad Küster studied musicology , medieval and modern history and comparative cultural studies at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen and received his doctorate in 1989 with a thesis on the design of the first movements in Mozart's concerts (Kassel 1991). In 1993 he completed his habilitation in Freiburg with the work Opus primum in Venice - Tradition of the vowel setting, 1590–1650 . Since 1995 he has been Professor of Musicology at the University of Freiburg . From 1995 to 1997 he was dean, from 2002 to 2006 dean of studies. From 2003 to 2018 he was a member of the board of directors of the International Heinrich Schütz Society.
Küster's research spectrum covers a wide area from the music of the Middle Ages to the Protestant music culture of the 16th to 19th centuries (especially Heinrich Schütz and Johann Sebastian Bach ) to Viennese classical music . He became known as the editor of the Bach Handbook. One of the main focuses of work is music in northern Central Europe, including organ culture in the marshland on the North Sea. In connection with the North Church ( Evangelical Lutheran Church in Northern Germany ), he designed the 2013 traveling exhibition "Organs on the North Sea - Culture of the Marshes". Since 2013 he has published the music series “Music between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea”.
- Mozart. A musical biography. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Stuttgart 1990, ISBN 3-421-06572-1 (several editions).
- Opus Primum in Venice. Traditions of the vowel set 1590–1650 (= Freiburg contributions to musicology. Vol. 4). Laaber-Verlag, Laaber 1995, ISBN 3-89007-303-4 [habilitation thesis].
- The young brook. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Stuttgart 1996, ISBN 3-421-05052-X .
- as editor: Bach Handbook. Bärenreiter, Kassel et al. 1999, ISBN 3-7618-2000-3 .
- WA Mozart and his time. Laaber-Verlag, Laaber 2001, ISBN 3-921518-92-X .
- Around the organ. Music and musicians between the Elbe and Weser (= writings of the Stade Organ Academy. Vol. 2). Organ Academy, Stade 2007, ISBN 978-3-931879-33-4 .
- as editor: Between Schütz and Bach. Georg Austria and Heinrich Bokemeyer as collectors of music (Gottorf / Wolfenbüttel). Carus, Stuttgart 2015, ISBN 978-3-89948-245-4 .
- Organs on the North Sea - culture of the marshes. Ludwig, Kiel 2015, ISBN 978-3-86935-245-9 (several editions).
- Music in the name of Luther. Cultural traditions since the Reformation. Bärenreiter et al., Kassel et al. 2016, ISBN 978-3-7618-2381-1 .
- Arp Schnitger. Organ builder - sound architect - thought leader. Ludwig, Kiel 2019, ISBN 978-3-86935-358-6 .
- http://www.reformation-im-norden.de/veranstaltungen/wanderausstellung.html ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf36xm9gtug
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musicologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 11, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|