Lothar Böhnisch (* 17th June 1944 in Trutnov ) is an emeritus professor of social education and socialization of age at the Technical University of Dresden and professor at the Free University of Bolzano .
Lothar Böhnisch studied history, sociology and economics at the Universities of Würzburg and Munich from 1963 to 1970. From 1971 he worked as a research assistant and later as a department head at the German Youth Institute (DJI) in Munich. From 1981 to 1984 he temporarily took over the post of director of the DJI. In 1977 Böhnisch received his doctorate from the University of Tübingen , where he completed his habilitation in 1982.
In Tübingen, Böhnisch worked as an associate professor from 1985 and built up the focus on rural youth and regional research in cooperation between the DJI and the University of Tübingen. After a visiting professorship at the University of Zurich in 1990, he taught at the Faculty of Education at the TU Dresden from 1991, where he became a founding professor for social pedagogy and socialization in 1992. In 2009 Böhnisch retired. Since the academic year 2008/09 he has taken on a professorship at the Free University of Bozen, Bressanone at the Faculty of Education.
His work focuses on the theory of male socialization ( male research ), age , social work and intergenerational relationships . Together with Reinhard Winter , Böhnisch is considered to be a representative of critical and identity- oriented work with boys, which does not focus primarily on gender-specific behavior, but on boys' coping with life and their real insecurities.
- Social pedagogy of the ages. An introduction . 7th, revised and expanded edition, Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2017, ISBN 978-3-7799-4578-9 .
- Coping with life. A concept for social work . Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2016, ISBN 978-3-7799-3410-3 .
- Lasting drafts. Impulses from the history of socio-educational thinking . Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2015. ISBN 978-3-7799-2373-2 .
- Pedagogy and masculinity. An introduction . Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2015. ISBN 978-3-7799-2308-4 .
- Male socialization. An introduction . Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2013. ISBN 978-3-7799-2306-0 .
- Political Sociology. A problem-oriented introduction . Leske and Budrich, Opladen 2006, ISBN 978-3-86649-000-0 .
- The dissolution of masculinity. Disturbances and formations of being a man in the social transition . Leske and Budrich, Opladen 2003, ISBN 978-3-8100-3557-8 .
- Deviant behavior. An educational and sociological introduction . 2nd, corrected edition. Juventa-Verlag, Weinheim / Munich 2001, ISBN 978-3-7799-1511-9 .
- Pedagogical Sociology. An introduction . Juventa-Verlag, Weinheim / Munich 1996, ISBN 978-3-7799-0353-6 .
- Split normality. Coping with life and social education at the limits of the welfare society . Juventa-Verlag, Weinheim / Munich 1994, ISBN 978-3-7799-1021-3 .
- Dorit Petschel : 175 years of TU Dresden. Volume 3: The professors of the TU Dresden 1828–2003. Edited on behalf of the Society of Friends and Supporters of the TU Dresden e. V. von Reiner Pommerin , Böhlau, Cologne a. a. 2003, ISBN 3-412-02503-8 , pp. 114-115.
- Literature by and about Lothar Böhnisch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Lothar Böhnisch
- Kerstin Bronner, Michael Behnisch, Girls and Boys Work in Educational Aids: Introduction to the Practice of Gender-Reflective Pedagogy , 2006, p. 136
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German educator and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 17, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Trautenau|