Love - the most beautiful story
|Title:||Love - the most beautiful story|
|Original language:||German and other languages|
|Premiere:||January 19, 2008|
|Place of premiere:||Tribuene on Ernst-Reuter-Platz, Berlin|
Love - The most beautiful story (id spelling of the author LOVE The most beautiful story ) is a play by Alexej Schipenko . With him the first season of the Berlin Theater Tribuene opened in 2008 under the artistic direction of Anna Langhoff . Langhoff's dismissal as artistic director of the premiere theater caused a stir in the theater world just ten days after the first performance of the tragedy.
Although it belongs to spoken theater, the piece offers a larger number of musical interludes. In terms of content, Love deals with the case of Inès de Castro, of whom it is said that she was murdered as the mistress of the heir to the throne of Portugal on the orders of the king, but exhumed after the son's accession to the throne and nevertheless crowned the Portuguese queen in a magnificent ceremony has been. The ZDF theater channel sums up the plot of the play as a “family tragedy in the tension field of power”: “a father who sacrifices the happiness of his son and an heir to the throne for whom vengeance will be the instrument of his rule. Two dead women on the battlefield - the forced wife, the forbidden mistress. And revenge. Passion. Like the hope that misfortune counts for nothing. "
The premiere ensemble was formed by the international drama group Berlin United Theater , founded by Alexej Schipenko , which is characterized by the multilingualism of its mimes.
The artistic performance of the piece and its premiere was different. Patrick Wildermann from Tagesspiegel described Love as a “ghost sonata, reduced, concentrated and poetic”. In his opinion, the world premiere would have offered “grandiose images” and “a strong ensemble”. Ali Varli from the Turkish newspaper Hürriyet , as it were, positively reviewed “the extraordinary thing about the play” in “the fact that the actors from time to time give voice to their roles in their own mother tongues”, which would have “enchanted” the audience in a scene . The Berliner Morgenpost , on the other hand, found cause for “European-African-Korean cultural confusion” in the play's multilingualism and pointed out that it would have been better to “hear more about the excellent Belhe Zaimoğlu (in the role of Inès)”. Lena Schneider (Nachtkritik) stated a “cumbersome piece of theater, despite all the life-affirming themes and visually powerful implementation”, “a mixture of lightly staged everyday babbling and clattering dishes on the one hand - and stylized, stiff to melodramatic narrative style on the other” and then found 'the everyday in between, the clinking on the piano, splashing around in the tub, cursing, raging and praying in Danish, Korean, French, Swahili and Turkish are much more entertaining. And touching too. ' And concluded her article as follows: 'It would be a loss for all sides if the Charlottenburgers and the culturally overfed Berlin citizens simply refused Anna Langhoff's invitation to the inhospitable Ernst Reuter Platz. The common search for elective relatives has only just begun. The Zitty, in turn, discovered “an extremely playful, strong ensemble that strings one picture, which is always exciting and ambiguously puzzled, after the next (...)” and in the “highly poetic, predominantly silent production only works in hints that the leap in time into the modern age create ”and“ put a strangely cold, ultimately fairytale world in the limelight: the cosmos of love and longings. A clear directorial handwriting that is precise at every moment. ”After Langhoff's sudden resignation, Zitty even wrote:“ The premiere with which Anna Langhoff opened her artistic direction at the tribuene made us want more. The management of the house probably sees it differently (...) "and" separates from the playwright and director - because of irreconcilable personal and artistic differences. Well, as the saying goes: the brave little counts, the despondent all counts for nothing. We thank Ms. Langhoff for her courage. "
Just ten days after the premiere of the play, the Tribuene-Theater dismissed its new artistic director (“irreconcilable artistic and personal differences” were given as the reason for a no longer possible “further constructive and trusting collaboration”), which caused some outrage and an open one Letter from the members of the Berlin United theater group (signed by Tina Engel , David Bennent , Peter Schubert , Ernst Stötzner , Jean Baptiste Joly , Michael Gross , Albert Lang and Dörte Lyssewski, among others ) to the Berlin State Chancellery, which read:
- Ten days after the opening premiere, 'Love - The Most Beautiful Story', a 300-seat theater (...) funded by government subsidies of 600,000 euros annually throws out the artistic director (...), with whose concept the theater operator not least got their subsidy for 2008. (...) With the artistic direction of Anna Langhoff the hope of a secure continuation of this traditional theater company was connected. So that the tribune does not fall back on its 'previous undecided and unsuccessful search for a clear dramaturgical conception tailored to the audience of today's Berlin' (from the report of the commission on the 2005 evaluation), the undersigned demand a review of the management structure of the tribune and declare, that they will support a grandstand under the artistic direction of Anna Langhoff with their collaboration.
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from January 13, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Ali Varli, Hürriyet January 30, 2008, translation quoted from www.tribuene-berlin.de
- http://www.zitty.de/liebesszenen-love-die-schonste-geschichte.html ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- http://www.mykenae.de/basis-cgi/news/index.php?id=1203417294 ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.